AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 23 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copped the Richmond-Geelong bug in round 18. I even simmed all the AI matches first and it still locks up.

Time to wait for the PSN to come back up so I can patch

i am a fair way behind on you guys. finally got the game as i hadnt previously had a ps3. cant wait to play! see you guys soon

I haven't played this game for weeks but I will soon. I've not had enough time or I'm playing NHL 11 or Smackdown vs Raw 2011.

When starting a game on legend remember to finish it.

I was half way through a 'Nabbed it' semi final and the missus wanted to go out, so I paused it while in a good position around half time, had great time out and drank a bottle of red. Got home and thought it would be a good idea to finish my game...

Rookie mistake.

P.S. Alcohol and AFL live do not mix

When starting a game on legend remember to finish it.

I was half way through a 'Nabbed it' semi final and the missus wanted to go out, so I paused it while in a good position around half time, had great time out and drank a bottle of red. Got home and thought it would be a good idea to finish my game...

Rookie mistake.

P.S. Alcohol and AFL live do not mix
Absolute gold. :thumbsu:

What the heck i cant change the games options to controller vibration off, on the main menu or while im playing live. Please include this is the patch because when my control vibrates it turns off so it continuously turns off through live.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

PSN is rolling through now.... "PS3 users will be required to change their PSN and Qriocity account passwords upon login. The new password can only be changed on the PS3 that initiated original account activation, or through validated email confirmation. "

Was in the top 50 on XBL now suddenly i am in 2800 with 1 win and one played game instead of the 70 odd i have played. WTF happened? This happened to anyone else? Sucks :(

We know that there is an XBLA glitch that can cause this - we believe it is mitigated in the patch - we are monitioring it and have seen it in five accounts. Please PM me privately with your details and I will do al I can to have the account restored to it's correct values.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suggestion to BigAntStudios/Ross...

I checked out some gameplay footage of AFL Live on youtube. It's god-awful coding and very thin on player animations.
Can already see how to 'game' the game, very little to it.
The devs need to try teaming up with Natural Motion imo, that would at least make it something special.

For reference, I'm referring to Backbreaker/IceBreaker games. Tho kinda bareboned themselves, the sheer majesty of the euphoria engine for AFL would make it infinitely more interesting and playable than current engine being used.

What the heck i cant change the games options to controller vibration off, on the main menu or while im playing live. Please include this is the patch because when my control vibrates it turns off so it continuously turns off through live.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

you can turn it off

just a quick one. it doesnt have much to do with afl live but i got the game with a ps3 bundle yesterday and i am now trying to start up my psn account. it says i dont have the up to date system and it says go to system update. i do that and it say update via internet or storage media. i try storage media and that works but i still cant get my psn account and even though ive downloaded the update, it still says im missing something
any clues?

Suggestion to BigAntStudios/Ross...

I checked out some gameplay footage of AFL Live on youtube. It's god-awful coding and very thin on player animations.
Can already see how to 'game' the game, very little to it.
The devs need to try teaming up with Natural Motion imo, that would at least make it something special.

For reference, I'm referring to Backbreaker/IceBreaker games. Tho kinda bareboned themselves, the sheer majesty of the euphoria engine for AFL would make it infinitely more interesting and playable than current engine being used.
Natural Motion would cost likely 40 times more than this games budget can have.

It's already been said numerous times, but BigAnt got the same budget for this game as EA get to create FIFA's menus...

Natural Motion would cost likely 40 times more than this games budget can have.

It's already been said numerous times, but BigAnt got the same budget for this game as EA get to create FIFA's menus...

I am amazed by that, especially considering how laggy and bland the FIFA 11 menu is compared to AFL Live.

Well that's pretty bad, considering we're talking about the #1 sport of Australia, the sport of this country, and serving 20 million population. Canada, with a similar demographic/population/etc, could produce something better, not to diss, but to push for better from here.

Part of me also looks at like this is next-gen consoles, and so a standard of games should be made for them, otherwise what's the point and point of expense.

Hopefully BigAnt finds a way then to lift the bar, get some funding, and talk with Natural Motion etc.

Well that's pretty bad, considering we're talking about the #1 sport of Australia, the sport of this country, and serving 20 million population. Canada, with a similar demographic/population/etc, could produce something better, not to diss, but to push for better from here.

Part of me also looks at like this is next-gen consoles, and so a standard of games should be made for them, otherwise what's the point and point of expense.

Hopefully BigAnt finds a way then to lift the bar, get some funding, and talk with Natural Motion etc.
I don't know why you keep going back to Natural Motion. It's a VERY expensive feature and games need to sell around half a million just to get back the expenses on THAT feature. Backbreaker has currently sold around 200,000 units. Now Natural Motion have taken to the iPhone because that's where they can make some money. Neither BigAnt nor Tru Blu will bother talking to Natural Motion, because it's a useless venture that would cost a ridiculous amount of money that they would be assured of never making back.

I don't really get the Canada reference, is it because EA have their studios there? They get funded MILLIONS upon MILLIONS to make their games, I believe it was Madden got and gets around $30-$40 million each year. My guess for AFL Live's budget would be around $3-$4 million...and that's being generous.

Games have to sell well in order to get big budgets. You simply cannot just go "well if we spend heaps of money, as long as the product is good and looks good, we'll be fine". The publisher could go under with too much of a budget given to AFL or RLL or whatever if it's not going to make back the money that was spent on it.

AFL Live at best will sell 80,000 units and break even on costs...80,000 units, even compared to Backbreakers 'poor for it's market' (Madden's sell 5 million units annually) 200,000 units there is no comparison.

So you want to never raise a bar or push or progress?

There's no money whatsoever in Australia? No entrepreneurs, avenues for funding? enough to turn the budget to something that will make an actual 'top' game?

The 80,000 is not a cap of possible sales. How many Australian sales for top games made elsewhere -- cods, uncharteds, etc?

BigAnt could reach those numbers too if....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back