Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Soooo if we have a period of the Northern teams dominating the comp, will the AFL finally disband the acadamies?
How about we all get to have academies or 1st crack at a couple of local players each draft.

Or will all interstate teams get one, imagine if Crows and Port had dips on the 1st and 2nd best SA talent.
I think there should be be an evening of the playing field where all teams get to have 1st dibs on local talent for a couple of players with points matching process.

Better for all if teams had a higher proportion of local players.

I still think we need to go back to 16 teams, 3 Vic clubs need to go, I don't care who, but it would be better for the competition if they did.
Absolutely.

16 teams.
30 season home & away.
Proper reserves.
Bigger squads & play a maximum of 24 minor round games.

North, Saints, Dogs, Melbourne.

North and Melbourne wanted a merge in 1996. Just not to each other….they each wanted a takeover

Oakley and Collins were probably punch drunk from the hammering we gave them, but the opportunit was there, left begging

We now know that nearly every team was talking about merger to nearly every other team at the time.

Since than Melbourne the city has grown faster than most other parts of Australia - a lazy 2million bigger since 1996

The current population of perth is 2.1m

You know whats going to happen ,20 teams split into 2 divisions so there will alway be at least 1 vic team in the gf

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's starting to look that way with a conference system.

But deciding who's in each conference to begin with would cause so many arguments about what's "fair"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back