Opinion AFL 2024 Round 5 - Liked, Learnt, Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked:
The upset round also Cats getting off with a 75 point win with no injuries.
Players are fresh for Lions game.

Learnt:
Sheezel is everything as advertised, very impressed even in a big loss.

Hated:
Injuries man, Libba and Taylor ones were scary.

Liked: The arrival of Shannon Neale. At times he's looked like he lacks intensity at VFL level, but yesterday he was busting packs and bumping defenders out of the way with some real attacking flair.

Learnt: What a difference a relatively short injury list and a successful pre-season makes.

Hated: Sponsor logo score review! Sponsor logo score review! Sponsor logo score review! Sponsor logo score review! Every five minutes!

No, I wrote I reply to a GWS fan who is convinced the AFL is against his team and I’ve written about 3-4 factual and very concise replies to his non-sensual ramblings pointing out that they have no basis and I happened to point out in doing so that there is a Victorian team that has a 0-5 ‘winning’ free kick count against them so far this season and you disagreed with it so I tagged you in a comment.

You then decided to furnish us with a novel about it
You asked me why I disagreed with your post and I actually gave you a decent reply. But instead of responding to the relevant parts you chose to have a big sook. In two separate posts.

Never mind, PhatBoy

Next time, I’ll write a novel about how great Tom Stewart, Jez and Tomahawk are. I’m sure you’ll love that.

Hated: Sponsor logo score review! Sponsor logo score review! Sponsor logo score review! Sponsor logo score review! Every five minutes!

Not like the AFL to cash in on a feature of the game.

To be honest, just drop the score review system. Only refer the obvious ones during the 30 second interval between goals & bounce down. Allow a limited number captains calls if they feel that any decision needs to be reviewed. Improve the technology so more instantaneous reviews can occur.

Liked: sheezel
Learnt: more like continued to be reminded that north’s older, experienced players are ******* dogshit.
Hated: footy. s**t game anyway

Liked- Cam Rayner finally showing us why he was the #1 pick. The continued rise of "cobra" Kai Lohmann

Learnt- Cam Rayner can be a genuine mid field weapon

Hated- Injuries

Just watched the replay.

Liked - Cats' team game and intensity. Neale and O'Sullivan.
Learnt - Regardless of a vg core of young players it's gonna take a long time for Roos' success.
Hated - Simpkin driving Holmes' head into the ground, Jack Henry's ongoing poor form.

Forgot to mention...

HATED: Adelaide v Carlton. When Berry scores the winning goal, instead of leaving it with, "HE'S GOT IT!", bluddy Huddo has to go for a quote to put his stamp on the moment and screeches, "THE SUB BECOMES THE HERO!"

The selfish git always tries to make it about himself by attaching an extra quote.

He can't let the moment breathe and let the crowd's reaction do all the talking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot to mention...

HATED: Adelaide v Carlton. When Berry scores the winning goal, instead of leaving it with, "HE'S GOT IT!", bluddy Huddo has to go for a quote to put his stamp on the moment and screeches, "THE SUB BECOMES THE HERO!"

The selfish git always tries to make it about himself by attaching an extra quote.

He can't let the moment breathe and let the crowd's reaction do all the talking.
Can you really blame Huddo? He saw it but he didn't believe it.

Liked lots - Good to see the Eagles get a win. Reid, Walter, Sheezel. One in the eye for the Melbourne teams. Eight of them played and only the Dons won.

Learned - it is an even enough comp among the top ten or so teams. The others are in struggle town.

Hated - injury toll was not good. Beveridge being weird about the Liberatore collapse which was terrible as well. Score review.

Hated the pissweak MRP. what a pathetic joke to downgrade Cameron’s suspension cos he’s a good bloke! FMD the AFL is a ******* circus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back