Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 16 - Suns v Pies Sat June 29th 4:35pm AEST (Peoples First)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL, enjoy. Good game.
Cheers
Yeh. It was high octane stuff.
Not good for my heart at the end. You guys and your comebacks. Just so proud we didn’t fold when we lost the lead.

It took 10 years but we finally beat you guys again up here.

Cheers
Yeh. It was high octane stuff.
Not good for my heart at the end. You guys and your comebacks. Just so proud we didn’t fold when we lost the lead.

It took 10 years but we finally beat you guys again up here.
Yeah, impressive. Gotta admit I thought we would just run over you when Krueger goaled. Good resilience. Well done.

Yeah, impressive. Gotta admit I thought we would just run over you when Krueger goaled. Good resilience. Well done.
Thanks
I havent missed a home game in 12 years and have travelled to watch them in every city (other than Darwin as of yet) over the journey.
Always enjoy the games when the big teams come to town.

Time for 🥃

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com/2024/06/29/2024-r16-operation-kill-the-birds-accomplished/ ......for more

I really didn't think the Suns had a response like that in them. Once Collingwood took back the lead I think most of us assumed the Suns would collapse to a demoralising loss. But Bodhi Uwland burst through a tackle and created one of those highlights that will be in montages for a while, to retake the lead. That is the biggest win for the Suns since 2014 and hopefully will lead to the outright best game ever to lead us to finals for the first time.

The midfeld gave Collingwood more than they could handle and King had to be double to keep him quiet. If Andrew had taken a couple of the marks that hit him in the hands it would have been a truly exceptional display across the ground. Given the comeback I think its clear the Suns had room to improve and will have lessons to learn in defensive responsibility around the contest and in the middle......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four losses in their last five games if that Essendon game was adjudicated differently. Very likely to drop out of finals contention if they don't find a way to win and the Suns boys may drop their heads as a result. Could be a rough few weeks for Suns supporters.

Over to you, Dimma. Show us why the naysayers are wrong.
Serious
Clown comment

Flanders to the middle was unreal. Ripped us apart in that first half which was the game right there. He should stay there now you'd think.

Yet Dimma said it only worked because Jeffries was solid back. So if/when he isn’t at his peak, it sounds like Dimma will send Sam back there

Amazing culture and statement win though

So are their colours and guernsey. The AFL really set them up to fail in every single way. I hope for the Suns fans ' sake that they get a makeover and song change.

Says the club with some of the worst culture the afl has seen - get a grip 😂

Well done suns.
Didnt let the umps get the daicospies over the line again.

The Maynard fan club (men in green) couldn’t do it this week! Can’t wait to see him fined for that for awful staging!

Says the club with some of the worst culture the afl has seen - get a grip 😂
I'm sure that made sense in your mind. But it didn't to the rest of planet earth. If you really love your teams logo and guernsey and news jingle-like club song, that's nice. But your club agrees with me, since they've already gone down the track of trying to change the logo and guernsey. Don't get too upset when that happens.

It’s a legitimate 15 goal swing from home and away with them, if Hardwick gets it sorted, he is sitting on a golden egg.
That's why he dumped Richmond making some weird excuse about exhaustion and needing a break from football and rushed into the GCs waiting arms. Hardwick is all about Hardwick.

Back