Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 15 - Blues v Cats Fri June 21st 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats will make Finals. Waiting to see ins and outs for Friday before my final tip.

Hopefully it is a decent game. Have a feeling Hawkins will wind the clock back. The Blues have a leaky defence so that will help the Cats. Expect Cameron will play more minutes as a CHF.

Even though the Blues mids are not the quickest they have it over the Cats, even if Danger plays.

Cats will make Finals. Waiting to see ins and outs for Friday before my final tip.

Hopefully it is a decent game. Have a feeling Hawkins will wind the clock back. The Blues have a leaky defence so that will help the Cats. Expect Cameron will play more minutes as a CHF.

Even though the Blues mids are not the quickest they have it over the Cats, even if Danger plays.
Hawkins will need to wind the sun-dial back.

Weitering will bathe him as usual.

Our only hope is the hilarious situation in which Cameron plays his first good game since the last time we played Carlton. His and Stewart's form falling off a cliff has been the main factor in our decline of late.
It’ll be close - interesting to see how Danger goes 1st game back after a hammy.

Will they risk him using his power in the centre or play him up forward?

Cameron and Stewart are both stars - they could do anything.

I thought the cats were great against the swans in the first half, super clean.

Should be a ripper.

Where are all those cocky Carlton supporters who kept telling me they look forward to meeting again later in the year??
Well, here it is and I like my boys to get the job done (again).

Cats win by 22 points and recapture their early season form :thumbsu:
Right here. The Cats have gone on to win a total of one game since then. We have McGovern, Saad and a bunch of others back. I love your confidence, but your in trouble and you know it.

Blues by 22.

Our only hope is the hilarious situation in which Cameron plays his first good game since the last time we played Carlton. His and Stewart's form falling off a cliff has been the main factor in our decline of late.
You can put Cameron down for 7.0 from Row Q. He seems to always be at his ridiculous best against us and expecting no different on Friday night. He's probably the best opposition player I have seen live at a Carlton game in a while. Literally had my jaw on the floor after his game against us in 2023 when he had like 25 and 6 goals (from absolutely everywhere).

Hopefully Geelong don't get off to a flying start- they can hold a lead as evidenced all too clearly the last time the teams met. This is a game featuring one team better drilled and higher skilled versus another team playing grind football with a dash of class here and there.

I have no idea how this will go - the bookies' odds are as usual meaningless drivel.

Hard to say whether this one or GWS/SYD will be game of the round. Gonna go with this match though as I can see the potential for a blowout in the Sydney derby. Cats for the win being rested after the bye and close to full strength.

You can put Cameron down for 7.0 from Row Q. He seems to always be at his ridiculous best against us and expecting no different on Friday night. He's probably the best opposition player I have seen live at a Carlton game in a while. Literally had my jaw on the floor after his game against us in 2023 when he had like 25 and 6 goals (from absolutely everywhere).
Young isn't playing on him this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. You've won only 1 of your past 5 games, if anyone's overrated it's your mob.
How can this drivel be true when most had us missing finals by a long way in preseason and weren't rated at all. Can't be overrated if no one rated you.

Blues won't drop this having picked up the Pies umpires in the mid season trade period. Blues by 25.
I mean, we haven't won the free kick count in any game since Round 9, but okay.

Hmmm...interesting team selections.

From a Carlton perspective, I'm a tad surprised we've not brought Motlop in for this one. But I do like that we're really making him earn it at the lower level.

Fantasia has done very little thus far but despite low possession numbers and scoreboard impact, he must be doing something right. Voss clearly has a lot of trust in him despite the shortcomings.

Carroll deserves a full game; his past 4 games have been sub affected. He's not quite doing enough either so happy to see him lead the VFL midfield.

Cats, no Stanley, Conway or Neale...geez, they're putting a lot of trust in Blicavs. TDK should have the ascendancy here, he's in great form.

Very interesting to see what they do with Cripps, usually it's Blicavs who blankets him, but he probably has his hands full with TDK around the ground.

Carlton are deserved favorites going into this one but Geelong have a hell of a lot of experience and quality so you can never write them off. And as long as J Cameron is there on the team sheet he's a massive concern - he loves playing us, so I'm really interested to see how we look to curb his influence. Hopefully he plays further up the ground rather than I50.

Will be tipping Carlton. We're the better team and we're in better form, and despite my absolute faith in this team giving it their all, I will never discount the Cats completely. You'd be foolish to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 15 - Blues v Cats Fri June 21st 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Back