AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 65 30.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 30 13.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that 2/3 field umpires from 2016 are back very much concerns me...
I assume Matt Stevic is one of them?

Not a fan of him either. Funny thing is he was an umpire in the Swans vs port preliminary final last week. Swans just wanted kick as many goals as possible early to make sure that won't be a factor.

He was one of the 3 umpires in the 2012 grand final as well wasn't he?

I assume Matt Stevic is one of them?

Not a fan of him either. Funny thing is he was an umpire in the Swans vs port preliminary final last week. Swans just wanted kick as many goals as possible early to make sure that won't be a factor.

He was one of the 3 umpires in the 2012 grand final as well wasn't he?
Stevic and Meredith were two of the three. However Scott Jeffery was the worst of all and thankfully he no longer umpires.

The early calls in the Port game were atrocious. Umpires just wanted to impose themselves on the game and gave Port some easy goals.

My gut says umpires will ruin this Grand Final.

Posted this on the footy jumpers board...
this is a nice jumper match up in theory, but not great for afternoon telly. Take for example from rd 19:
View attachment 2118058
Unless Sydney were also to wear white shorts, which they seldom do, I just can't see the AFL allowing that mash up for their marquee match - and also can't imagine Swans not pushing for their full home kit, which they've earnt the right to wear.

I think logically it's going to be Sydney in their home kit and Brisbane in their Bears clash:
View attachment 2118068
It's really not a bad look imo.
Bears jumper is awful. Why couldn’t they wear the maroon and blue with white shorts? Don’t tell me that clashes with Sydney’s kit?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back