Autopsy AFL 2022 First Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Fri Sept 16th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 22.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 62 31.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Two exceptional teams, I’ll definitely back the underdog ,Lions by 6 to 12 points. Berry, Daniher and McInerney to lions team structure may reconsider later in the week.
Consecutive Magic week at the G for Lions?

Last edited:

Most of the neutrals you'd think would be going for us... Lions are lovable and everyone's 2nd favourite side, and Dayne Zorko what's not to love.

Geez, it has been a great finals series so far, no blowouts to speak of and this could be another game to the death. At the moment I'm thinking Cats by 4 goals but if the Lions get Berry cleared and Daniher back with MCG finals victory experience under their belt, it could tighten the result.
Last night wasn't a blow out but it was evident VERY early that Fremo weren't up for it and if the Pies weren't so poor with their shots for goal from the 2nd onwards it would have been a 60+ point win.

My mate said its the most dominant 20 point victory he has ever seen.

Cats have only played 2 finals team post bye and generally had a very soft draw to finish the season. They looked good against Collingwood but interesting to see how another week off impacts them.
heard a lot of this in the lead up to the QF too. People really still think our H&A draw got us to a QF PF?

Week One - Lions are no chance against the Tigers or at the MCG (with side comments about how Richmond will match up against the Swan who were going to lose to the Demons)

Week Two - Lions are no chance against the Demons not only played at the MCG but they are the Demon's bunnies and played their GF against the Tigers last week (with side comments about the Demons vs Geelong matchup)

Week Three - Lions are no chance against the Cats who won the minor premiership and already beat them this year, at the MCG and played their GF last week against the Demons and the Cats are fresh and ready to pounce (with side comments about the flag being Geelong's to lose and whoever they play in their Grannie will lose and won't it be great to see Danger lift the cup)

Week Four (should be win) - Lions are no chance against the Swans/Pies, no way they can win three on the trot at their bogey ground, played their GF against the Cats, only their because of ARC/injuries/whatever excuse turns up re Cats, (with side comments about how great it would be for the game for Swans/Pies to win and the generics awesomeness of Buddy/Pendlebury etc)

On the other hand we like being the underdog so all good :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what would be considered a good crowd?
geelong middle size club in Victoria vs interstate team
would be suprised if it hits 90k
80-85k

what would be considered a good crowd?
geelong middle size club in Victoria vs interstate team
would be suprised if it hits 90k
80-85k
80k would be the absoloute most I reckon. Realistically 70-75k

Next year, Kardina Park will have a bigger capacity than the ‘Gabba.

Do they have an ETA on the construction? It has appeared to be in the same state for about 12 months, so I wasn't sure if there was an issue with it.

I think it is a good idea for Geelong to play finals at the MCG permanently to allow all fans who want a ticket to get one. 40k capacity is too low. The new Gabba build will far exceed it.

Do they have an ETA on the construction? It has appeared to be in the same state for about 12 months, so I wasn't sure if there was an issue with it.

I think it is a good idea for Geelong to play finals at the MCG permanently to allow all fans who want a ticket to get one. 40k capacity is too low. The new Gabba build will far exceed it.
First half of next year.

The new ‘Gabba will hold around 50,000

First half of next year.

The new ‘Gabba will hold around 50,000

Yeah, so significantly more than Kardinia and without the benefit of having a 100k stadium located in the nearest built up cbd area.

Yeah, so significantly more than Kardinia and without the benefit of having a 100k stadium located in the nearest built up cbd area.
Another poster on bigfooty moving the goalposts. Quelle surprise.

As for the game, the Lions are obviously too good for the cats, and should get it done in a canter. Coming off the two best wins of the finals series, no one has a better formline (Cats, Swans and Pies all coming in off one win). Momentum is everything.

Another poster on bigfooty moving the goalposts. Quelle surprise.

As for the game, the Lions are obviously too good for the cats, and should get it done in a canter. Coming off the two best wins of the finals series, no one has a better formline (Cats, Swans and Pies all coming in off one win). Momentum is everything.

Nah, David King says it is impossible for the Lions to win a finals game. They shouldn't even be offering odds on the game, congratz on the win brother.

80k would be the absoloute most I reckon. Realistically 70-75k
FWIW, anything over 71k would be a new record for a Lions finals game excluding Grand Finals.

75-80k would be a mighty effort mostly on the behalf of Cats supporters, I reckon it can be done though.

Gun to my head prediction would be 72k, breaking our record but not quite in the mid or high 70's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 First Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Fri Sept 16th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Back