Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Tigers Fri October 2nd 7:50pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 69 32.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin is way better around the ground, bad forward though. McInerney has become a proper ruckman and is decent resting forward.
I agree that Martin is not what he was around the ground. Fairly standard two ruck set up. When Martin is rucking, Oscar is either on the bench or “resting” in the forward line. If McInerney is doing the first ruck duties, Stef is usually on the bench.

Will be interesting the ruck battle as we had same setup but Soldo gone now.Not sure if Chol stays to help Nank or we go with a pinch hitter my bet is Chol stays.I like the look of the young kid Cole looks good from lions.

Will be interesting the ruck battle as we had same setup but Soldo gone now.Not sure if Chol stays to help Nank or we go with a pinch hitter my bet is Chol stays.I like the look of the young kid Cole looks good from lions.
Coleman probably won’t play. If he does it signals that Fagan is pretty much going to adopt a more attacking mindset. As far as ruck men and their influence goes, this article from the ABC website is a ripper. Worth the read.

The tall and tall of it: How AFL ruck strategy has evolved
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-17/afl-analysis-how-ruck-strategy-has-evolved/12668180

From what I understand is the lions medical team don't "rest" hamstring injuries and get the players running pretty soon after injury, which I think is a relatively new hamstring injury management. Would be interesting to know if other clubs follow the same injury protocols, as the lions have had a pretty good record with injury management and prevention.
Brisbane obviously don’t follow the Collingwood rehab regime for soft tissue injury management. Pronounced 3 match absences routinely turn into 5-6 games missed.

Last edited:

I hope everyone is watching this game very closely, because it will be the game we all remember as the beginning of the end for the Tiggers little era of success.
You say this every week. Infact, I specifically remember you saying this after round 3 last year. Your credibility was shot a long time ago Fadger.

Richmond looks the obvious winner

For the Lions to win - like they have had good 1st qtrs before against Rich - re stats - inside 50s etc - they must convert their opportunities - .In my opinion for them to win - they have to play like front runners - get in front ( get the crowd involved ) and lead all the way

I cant see any team in the finals that plays Rich - coming from behind - giving up a deficit and beating Richmond - that is just not going to happen in my opinion

6404CEDF-EA30-46FC-B139-B0F161F89A12.png
Fagan opts fore Coleman rather than Answerth, which indicates he’s going into this game with an attacking mindset. Lions were only percentage off top spot after the regular season and with this line up, at the Gabba, I’m starting to feel optimistic.

Fagan opts fore Coleman rather than Answerth, which indicates he’s going into this game with an attacking mindset. Lions were only percentage off top spot after the regular season and with this line up, at the Gabba, I’m starting to feel optimistic.

So your posts over the past few days have been the result of a lack of optimism on your part?

So your posts over the past few days have been the result of a lack of optimism on your part?
I am prone to blind optimism. I have been working towards fully justified optimism and I think I have arrived at that state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am prone to blind optimism. I have been working towards fully justified optimism and I think I have arrived at that state.

Perhaps a little more work on that would be a good idea.

ClubAvg AgeAvg GmsAvg GlsAvg HgtAvg Wgt
Bris26.00115.663.5187.988.5
Rich26.79119.780.4184.985.4

Hardwick running at 89% when his team is 0.79+ older than the opposition.
Tbh Hardwick probably runs at around that percentage for most games anyway the last few years with Richmonds dominance. Games played is a more important stat anyway imo.

Tbh Hardwick probably runs at around that percentage for most games anyway the last few years with Richmonds dominance. Games played is a more important stat anyway imo.

Looking at it another way, Fagan goes at 83% when older than the opposition by any amount, but only 30% when facing a deficit of 0.79 years or greater.

You say this every week. Infact, I specifically remember you saying this after round 3 last year. Your credibility was shot a long time ago Fadger.
Throw 1000 darts and eventually one will hit the bulls-eye. And no doubt that will be the one that Fadge takes credit for, rather than the 999 that missed completely.

Too much being made of the 15 game winning streak, pre 2019 almost every club had an extended winning streak against us. The 3 games 2019-20 are the ones to analyse, while we have been inaccurate there is more to it than that, I attended the 2019 QF and the game at Metricon this year and the Tigers ability to create a spare just outside the contest and their ability to go fast on turnover was the difference IMO.

The only way we beat the Tigers tonight is if we can counter that with unrelenting pressure, if we drop off for even 5 minutes they can pile on quick goals and put the game to bed.

I can not wait to get there, Lllllllllllloooooooonnnnnnsssss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Tigers Fri October 2nd 7:50pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Back