Mod. Notice 'Adelaide Posters Only' option - do you want it?

Would you like to see the Adelaide board include an 'Adelaide Posters Only' concept?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I allowed to have a say?

FYI - your attitude towards someone giving up their own time to assist in creating a good experience for you shits me to tears. In fact makes me a bit angry.
Stow the attitude please.
It was a pretty simple question which illicited a smart arsed response - you think that was necessary - moderator or not?

Surely with all the advertisements on the site you Mods would be on a comfy wage?
We get nothing.
When harassed by chief on being lax on a couple of the projects I advised him he'd get better service if we were paid. Not heard much since then ;)
Were some of you of the opinion we are paid to do this??

Big no from me. The Adelaide Board has always had a reputation of being more tolerant and welcoming to visitors than most of the other boards. Even having a single thread where others are unwelcome smacks of insularism and is a backwards step for the board. Horrible, horrible idea, with no redeeming features at all.

I agree with Vader. Having posted on this Board for 12 years, I've seen both the bad and the good from visitors to this board, but I wouldn't want to change that.

It's a bit like do we have a multi-cultural society or do we restrict our population in terms of ethnicity. Not every individual immigrant is good for our society, but as a mass they all add up enormously to society as a whole.

Similarly with individual posters from other boards. On their own they may be of little or no value, but in totality they definitely add something to the Board, even if it is only controversy.

I'd prefer to maintain the status quo rather than see this Board get the same reputation for sterility that the Port board has thanks to overly precious moderators in the past.

I agree with Vader. Having posted on this Board for 12 years, I've seen both the bad and the good from visitors to this board, but I wouldn't want to change that.

It's a bit like do we have a multi-cultural society or do we restrict our population in terms of ethnicity. Not every individual immigrant is good for our society, but as a mass they all add up enormously to society as a whole.

Similarly with individual posters from other boards. On their own they may be of little or no value, but in totality they definitely add something to the Board, even if it is only controversy.

I'd prefer to maintain the status quo rather than see this Board get the same reputation for sterility that the Port board has thanks to overly precious moderators in the past.

Sums it up perfectly.

This post is a game changer.

No sorry mate. I think its fair that this is a crows supporter only opinion.
I'm comfortable hearing a viewpoint thought - could be illuminating for us all given your a regular contributor here despite your unholy allegiances ;)
Hmm, ironic that in a discussion about whether we should have a crows-only thread, we seem to have decided to have a crows-only thread.

I don't have a problem with PAF or anyone else contributing.

EDIT: Or sorry, did you mean voting? I agree only Adelaide folks should vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, ironic that in a discussion about whether we should have a crows-only thread, we seem to have decided to have a crows-only thread.

He is a crows supporter. Don't let him kid you not. :p

And the fun part is - he can not deny it as he can not post. :eek::D

One thread though is a little different than the entire board.

Having one thread for Crows fans is more like having female only gym's, but instead of being like the female gyms and keeping out people like Slippery Pete we are trying to keep out all the trolls (on both sides) who reduce the conversation to a shitfight.

EDIT: Or sorry, did you mean voting? I agree only Adelaide folks should vote.
Yeah i mean voting - which is why is said he can still offer a viewpoint. Just not interested in non-adelaide voters.

No sorry mate. I think its fair that this is alo crows supporter only opinion.
I'm comfortable hearing a viewpoint thought - could be illuminating for us all given your a regular contributor here despite your unholy allegiances ;)
Sorry gibby but that is confusing as all proverbial. :D
Just have one thread that is tightly moderated but give AFC posters a bit more slack but even then not too over the top stuff.
Say what we want, and everyone on both boards know my opinion wrt opposition posters, but FF does not allow criticism of moderators of other boards on the port board.
Edit 1: People also need to realise that mods do not necessarily see all posts as soon as they are posted.
Edit 2: Have i ever mentioned how much i hate posting with stupid little phones where you have no option but to post unfinished posts and then edit them?

Last edited:

Having one thread for Crows fans is more like having female only gym's, but instead of being like the female gyms and keeping out people like Slippery Pete we are trying to keep out all the trolls (on both sides) who reduce the conversation to a shitfight.

They only keep me out cos they know they can't have me.

Well not all at once anyway.

It's what message sends to other supporters. 1 or 100 threads sends the same insular message.

Saying it's only 1 thread is like saying your half pregnant!

It's what message sends to other supporters. 1 or 100 threads sends the same insular message.

Saying it's only 1 thread is like saying your half pregnant!

I am pretty sure it doesn't. Go to the other boards - its pretty clear whats restricted and what isn't.

I have been on numerous other boards and had no problems because I stayed away from the threads that clearly said 'Team X supporters only'.

Back