Mod. Notice 'Adelaide Posters Only' option - do you want it?

Would you like to see the Adelaide board include an 'Adelaide Posters Only' concept?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
Righto folks, there has been some more noise about using an 'Adelaide Posters Only' concept for specific threads. This has never been a part of the Adelaide Board previously but we'd like to offer you guys the chance to show us if there is a weight of numbers that may convince us to support it.

So please vote and also feel free to express your views in the thread. (results and posts will be used for us to consider what, if anything, is implemented)

Okay, given Carl helped me edit out all my personal opinion from the OP I'm going to post it here. This is my personal opinion, moderator hat 'off'.

I dislike the concept period - but especially on the 'non-Crows AFL discussion' thread. That's the perfect thread for opposition supporters to contribute to!!
If people really want to be painful they can just create Adelaide board accounts. Sure they are easier to pick as trolls.. but IMO if someone's trolling just report and move on. Mods will then deal with it. You all know my views on that by now.

If it were to be a 'yes' I had to support, would probably be the sensitive topics concept. I've always liked to support someone's original OP intent. Some like to say 'positive comments only' and if that's the thread they want to create - I like to see that supported. Conversely, if others like to say 'No baseless positive comments' I'd like to see that thread supported too. So if there are very specific threads intentions where people feel having opposition input is not only not warranted, but also undesireable, I can possibly see why that's something that could be supported. I just can't think of specific topics where it would be undesireable... (yet).

I went for first option.
It's OK to have opposition supporters contributing to many discussions, but a "haven" where I don't have to scroll through endless, pointless, back-and-forth arguing would be nice.
The "sensitive topics" idea is too hard to define.
And with defernce to the Mods, the last option does not aleways work so well either!

I went for first option.
It's OK to have opposition supporters contributing to many discussions, but a "haven" where I don't have to scroll through endless, pointless, back-and-forth arguing would be nice.
The "sensitive topics" idea is too hard to define.
And with defernce to the Mods, the last option does not aleways work so well either!
My view is that you guys have endless, pointless, back-and-forth arguing whether there are opposition supporters or not.... ;)

I think the idea has merit as long as it's limited to just the one thread, I doubt anything will be lost by having 99% of the board still open to everyone whilst also providing a space for those who want it.

Okay, given Carl helped me edit out all my personal opinion from the OP I'm going to post it here. This is my personal opinion, moderator hat 'off'.
Likewise, I'm not a fan of the idea of Adelaide fans only thread(s).

I know other boards have these threads but from my view these threads/boards are the very definition of insular, where posters can make unchallenged paranoid delusion posts in peace. Vomit.

Having to have a safe haven from those big bad opposition fans is particularly galling. The BigFooty equivalent of hiding behind mum's dress

huge.3.18755.JPG

I can't work out how to vote with tapatalk, but I don't really see a need for this kind of thread.

Just seems unnecessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The BigFooty equivalent of hiding behind mum's dress
I disagree, we (Adelaide supporters) are our own worst critics. We don't need opposition supporters for our opinions to be contested, it happens all the time even without them.

The way I see it the two extremes are a heavy handed approach by our mods on any opposition supporter voicing an opinion contrary to one of our own and the other extreme being what we currently have. The voting in this poll so far is indicating that there are generally twice as many people, a significant percentage, who want some sort of space as opposed to those who don't. As such I don't think it's unreasonable to try and strike a compromise by shifting the board's current position slightly in the opposite direction by having a single thread catering for these people.

edit: I don't like the idea of option two personally either, feels like too much of a shift in the other direction.

It's not something I particularly want but some Port posters in recent times just hang around like annoying mozzies.. jumping all over posters for anything..
A few actually know how to have a conversation but so many are just inflammatory.. It's no wonder our posters start firing back - cue shitfight..
I understand they can just ignore it and report the posts, but that sounds easier in theory when it's usually a part of an ongoing conversation that escalates..

If they could understand where they are and post respectfully as I read opposition posters doing on other boards, I don't really care..
They need to pull their heads in..

If many cards are handed out, it's obviously not deterring them..

Also interesting that Adelaide posters either post with respect on the Port board or they just don't post at all..

It will be a sad day in the history of this board when we exclude others.

As the inaugural Adelaide supporting moderator I actively encouraged opposition supporter viewpoints as like an outsiders opinion to add to this board.

If opposition supporters played up I would warn them. If they were stupid & continued I would card them. Same went for afc supporters who were personal about playing the man rather than the ball.

Suppose it explains why I enjoy sitting next to opposition supporters at games too.

It's not something I particularly want but some Port posters in recent times just hang around like annoying mozzies.. jumping all over posters for anything..
A few actually know how to have a conversation but so many are just inflammatory.. It's no wonder our posters start firing back - cue shitfight..
I understand they can just ignore it and report the posts, but that sounds easier in theory when it's usually a part of an ongoing conversation that escalates..

If they could understand where they are and post respectfully as I read opposition posters doing on other boards, I don't really care..
They need to pull their heads in..

If many cards are handed out, it's obviously not deterring them..

Also interesting that Adelaide posters either post with respect on the Port board or they just don't post at all..
Are cards being handed out to posters who regularly are serial pests?

They should not ruin it for fair minded posters.

Are cards being handed out to posters who regularly are serial pests?
They are.

Got a nice balance at the moment IMO... Adelaide posters complaining that we're too soft, opposition posters complaining about getting infractions for what they see as minor stuff.

A nice balance :)

A good compromise leaves everybody angry.

They are.

Got a nice balance at the moment IMO... Adelaide posters complaining that we're too soft, opposition posters complaining about getting infractions for what they see as minor stuff.

A nice balance :)

A good compromise leaves everybody angry.
Hard to please everyone finding the balance between friendly banter & trolling.

It will be a sad day in the history of this board when we exclude others.

As the inaugural Adelaide supporting moderator I actively encouraged opposition supporter viewpoints as like an outsiders opinion to add to this board.

If opposition supporters played up I would warn them. If they were stupid & continued I would card them. Same went for afc supporters who were personal about playing the man rather than the ball.

Suppose it explains why I enjoy sitting next to opposition supporters at games too.
There is a huge difference between opposition supporter viewpoints and the smug ridiculing power posters that come on this board. Oh sure the worst of it is removed, but you know what, it's already too late by then. If you give it back to them on the power board in the same manner they act on here, you are carded in an instant.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an exclusively Crows posters thread.

One thread. It's only one thread of thousands.

Back