A Sponsorship Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

First of all, appreciate the kind words.

Secondly, I posted this thread initially because at the time (December) it was a major announcement for us. A long-term sponsorship deal the biggest in the club's history, I thought it was fairly worthy of a little tease.

I haven't alluded to any new sponsorship news since then (I didn't mention anything of this Signet deal) because I knew what it was, and didnt want to get everyone riled up over something that I thought the majority on here would find as a 'let down' and thats basically been the reaction.

When there's news, you'll know. Until then, I'll keep quiet on this topic as there's no point in me getting involved when I myself don't even know for sure.

I try to keep you guys informed as I can and will continue to do so, I hope!

Are you really telling us that this minor sponsorship is the clubs most lucrative ever sponsorship?

Shame that it seems that no one wants to be a major sponsor though.

First of all, appreciate the kind words.

Secondly, I posted this thread initially because at the time (December) it was a major announcement for us. A long-term sponsorship deal the biggest in the club's history, I thought it was fairly worthy of a little tease.

I haven't alluded to any new sponsorship news since then (I didn't mention anything of this Signet deal) because I knew what it was, and didnt want to get everyone riled up over something that I thought the majority on here would find as a 'let down' and thats basically been the reaction.

When there's news, you'll know. Until then, I'll keep quiet on this topic as there's no point in me getting involved when I myself don't even know for sure.

I try to keep you guys informed as I can and will continue to do so, I hope!

Not suggesting you're doing anything wrong...Just getting a little nervous about the lack of a major sponsor.

Not suggesting you're doing anything wrong...Just getting a little nervous about the lack of a major sponsor.

Don't get me wrong, Signet is a brilliant sponsor, I'm stoked we have another reason to dislike Carlton and Visy it's just worrying we have as yet no more than unsubstantiated rumour about any major sponsorship, this on the back of the RFC's plan to build a 'war chest' for 2012.

Nevertheless I've got confidence this administration will carry us through. Stig, I think you'll find the biggest reason for dissapointment being a combination of a lack of footy coverage coupled with the Herald Sun claiming RFC was making a 'major sponsorship announcement'. People forget how these rumors start.

I think that the important point here is that although we have no major jumper sponsor, we do have the most substantial sponsorship deal in our history in place in the ME Bank/punt road deal.

It means that there is no real rush to make a jumper sponsor deal, and no need to accept under the odds on any such deal

coupled with the Herald Sun claiming RFC was making a 'major sponsorship announcement'. People forget how these rumors start.

Oh, we know how they start...'Journalists' reading bigfooty rumours and taking the juicy/semi-plausable bits as an 'unnamed source'.

Oh, we know how they start...'Journalists' reading bigfooty rumours and taking the juicy/semi-plausable bits as an 'unnamed source'.

In fairness to the journos, and I can't believe I'm defending them, but the media release from the club was headed "major sponsorship announcement". Nonetheless, it's always great to attract a new sponsor and Signet are a new player in the Melb market. It's a great result for the club commercially for the sleeve anyways

I'm sure there will be more announcements.

Michael Clarke has just gone out. Never been the same. Should never have messed with Miss Bingle;)

I just hope it comes soon, but, I agree, everyhting's probably done (Unlike St. Kilda) and jumpers made, just waiting for the right time to announce it. Either way, hurry up and announce it so I can buy a new jumper!

I think that the important point here is that although we have no major jumper sponsor, we do have the most substantial sponsorship deal in our history in place in the ME Bank/punt road deal.

It means that there is no real rush to make a jumper sponsor deal, and no need to accept under the odds on any such deal

Good point Al.We are still attracting "new" money to the club, which is great.
Hopefully the powers that be are working diligently to get the "right" sponsor, rather than just getting any sort of sponsor, just to appease the masses. I'd rather this approach, even if it takes a bit longer to work through.
If its a long term deal, we won't have to get concerned over the delay for another few years. Do it right the first time.
We've just got to have some faith.
But please hurry:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mail is they are getting pretty close to a back of the jumper sponsor, but top left shoulder is some way away...

What are the odds that a reference to Michael Clarke's ex girlfriend will appear in a newspaper somewhere tomorrow? She cannot stay out of the news:D the poor girl!

Alfred E Newman once said exclusively in Mad Magazine "Watch out for the Hun in the morning", and he wasn't talking about Germans;).

So a question to you KT, would something red and white look good on our jumper if it gave us money for the priviledge? Just a harmless, innocent question......

Remove this Banner Ad

A Sponsorship Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back