Coach Assistant coaches 2025 - Jake Batchelor VFL Coach Morris AFL Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to Get Tom Hawkins in an assistant role as a forward coach. He would also be of great assistance in a ruck coaching role. For a bloke who survived so long he kept modifying his game and evolving as he has a huge footy brain and a wealth of experience. I didn’t like the bloke as a player bc he was a figjam , but I respect him as a legend of the game and someone who has a lot to offer to younger kids . We will have a lot next year and and Ryan , Fawcett, OHB and Colina would all benefit with his knowledge and experience. Hawkins was an inspirational leader and one reason why Geelong were always competitive.

Last edited:
3 big drafts
And a couple of A grade FAs leading up to the Tassie team coming in and we are loaded and ready to go.
And in that 3 year period there’ll be plenty of teams that haven’t had access to the best talent bottoming out.
It’ll be a longggg climb back for these clubs
Yep ..this ...it's going to be at least 3 very painful years ..but I'd rather be rebuilding now than in 2 years time ...do it right and we'll climb back into contention again ..and in the meantime team misery guts on here get to bleat about how bad it is ...win win for everyone

Why are we getting Newy, Batch etc back from our loser eras.

It's a recipe for disaster.

Because they have proven themselves as coaches?

Never understood this mentality here. Imagine if you never got a job because the previous company you worked at failed and went bankrupt?

Because they have proven themselves as coaches?

Never understood this mentality here. Imagine if you never got a job because the previous company you worked at failed and went bankrupt?
But our successful years in recent times are down to a coach and assistants who weren't ex Richmond players.

We need to Get Tom Hawkins in an assistant role as a forward coach. He would also be of great assistance in a ruck coaching role. For a bloke who survived so long he kept modifying his game and evolving as he has a huge footy brain and a wealth of experience. I didn’t like the bloke as a player bc he was a figjam , but I respect him as a legend of the game and someone who has a lot to offer to younger kids . We will have a lot next year and and Ryan , Fawcett, OHB and Colina would all benefit with his knowledge and experience. Hawkins was an inspirational leader and one reason why Geelong were always competitive.
Agree 100% I think fans get very caught up in our hatred for oppo clubs and players that we sometimes miss how valuable and good they actually are

Guys like Hawkins, or any of those sr guys from Geelong for that matter would be very astute pick ups

But our successful years in recent times are down to a coach and assistants who weren't ex Richmond players.

I am more referring to the idea that coaches who are from unsuccessful clubs will be bad coaches, I agree with the idea of not only employing past Richmond players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Assistant coaches 2025 - Jake Batchelor VFL Coach Morris AFL Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back