Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; inspired by Larkey/Sheez/Jy signing - pay the man

Remove this Banner Ad

We should have taken Jaidyn Stephenson in that draft.
There's a parallel universe out there where we took Stephenson in 2017 and Tsatas in 2022

man i'm so over the repetitive "(insert north player) has only played in 15 wins" line
they've been doing it for every past and potential trade.

like get fkd, we all know
I'm sick of it too but the only way we can get them to stop mentioning it is to win games. Same with them mentioning small crowds at our games we can't complain if we're not going to turn up.

If you are wrong I will hunt you down like a pig.
Only way I am wrong is if something changes from what it is now.

What it is now is that he has been recommended to go through the illusion of considering options to maximise payday. Best practice. No intention of leaving the club. Presumably that will only become a stronger commitment if we actually manage to win a couple of games.

Never forget where you were, the day Carlton took Dow at pick 3 before LDU.

Never celebrated that hard in my life.
I remember some excitement when Brisbane went for Rayner first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at home watching the draft on the net and praying that LDU wouldn't get selected before pick 4. Probably the happiest I've ever felt on draft night.

To be fair I remember punching the air when they announced on radio sports news that Keenan Reynolds had slipped to us.

Swings and roundabouts.

I can't remember what i was doing but i missed that draft and asked a mate the next day who we got. He said "the guy with the hyphen" and I was struggling to think of another player with a hyphen in their name because I was sure there was no way he'd have lasted to pick four. It took me a while to get my head around the idea that we'd actually got him.

Pick 4 and it seemed impossible that he'd ever have slipped that far.

I can't remember what i was doing but i missed that draft and asked a mate the next day who we got. He said "the guy with the hyphen" and I was struggling to think of another player with a hyphen in their name because I was sure there was no way he'd have lasted to pick four. It took me a while to get my head around the idea that we'd actually got him.

Pick 4 and it seemed impossible that he'd ever have slipped that far.
I remember being convinced we'd take Paddy Dow as there was no way LDU would last to our pick. I was quite happy thinking this given I liked Paddy Dow and he BFNAAK but when SOS called him out and we got LDU I was beyond excited.

I was at home watching the draft on the net and praying that LDU wouldn't get selected before pick 4. Probably the happiest I've ever felt on draft night.
That 2 minute period after Dow was selected and waiting for our pick to be called out - felt like a lifetime.

That 2 minute period after Dow was selected and waiting for our pick to be called out - felt like a lifetime.
There was talk we were going to reach for Fogarty.

No disrespect to him but I had palpitations about us just letting LDU slide to Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back