Delisted #7: Leroy Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jetta - Playing for frees?

[YOUTUBE]BrsnRQZMZ-U[/YOUTUBE]

Geez that doesn't look good, could be the first to be rubbed out... Terrible part of football and he is a big culprit!

hope he gets a week, the afl needs to bring the foot down hard on this kind of thing. it's terrible for the game

He seriously needs to man up, admit that it is something he has done and acknowledge that he has to take this out of his game, just like Gus did last year.

It will mean that the media will be all over him once more as the poster boy for staging, but he will have done more than most others by admitting to it and apologising for it.

I am dreading the grief I will receive from some media-informed Essendon-hating flog workmates next week. It will be Brent Stanton all over again. We remember what the media turned a bronx cheer into.

Should follow Monfries' example. May as well have been wearing blue and white hoops. Fine, yeah? No suspension surely.

I (as with most umps) have no idea of the rules and how to apply them. If he can't get suspended, that's good, but he could use another week out of the seniors, I reckon.

Staging should be stampenout, as another poster said. Shame our bloke is the scapegoat(deservedly).

Agree Lemon, Stanton was by far the worst stager we had out there.. he got so bad it was embarrassing.. everytime he went near the ball he was looking for a free of some description.. GET THE BALL FIRST...

Worrying trend in footy and EFC no exception.. hope they do stamp it out.. but fairly across the board (J Selwood I am looking at you)..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Stanton do it more times, why no thread? Too many people listen to commentators as if they are god.

Haven't heard any commentary on it, mate.

Stanton is starting to pull the Joel selwood - ram head into other players' abdomen. Should just gather the ball.

Watch the slow mo again, he got hit in the nuts.

I've been watching that slow-mo a few times now, and I can't see where he gets hit in the nuts before he falls backwards. Can you take a screenie and show me? I see the tackler's hand slide down to around top-waist area and Leroy falls back.

Watch the slow mo again, he got hit in the nuts.

Doesn't change the fact he threw his head back, does it all the time and when he dives he loses possession trying to win a free kick and opposition clear it out!

Re: #7: Leroy Jetta - Playing for frees?

Wow. We lose to Melbourne, and yet there's an individual act that's more embarrassing than the total loss.

Pure and utter shit. And disappointing that Jetta clearly hasn't been instructed to, y'know... NOT DO THAT.

Looked ugly and opponents will use this.

He's not the only one though, he's just an ordinary actor who wouldn't get a gig on an afternoon Channel 10 kids series.

yep, as good as he's been this year, it's not the first time he's thrown the head back either recently
Becoming a fairly common tactic around the league, to throw your head back when you get tackled in a pack, I feel. Seen a few instances of the tackle happening, the head swinging back and the free coming after the head swing is completed. Maybe there's been head contact, but certainly the player doing everything to make sure the umpire, who can't see everything 100% because of the pack, sees it.

Stanton's problem is he's not really doing it in a pack.

I would be astonished if Jetta hasn't already had a harsh talking-to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back