4th 3 Mobile Test: Australia v India @ Adelaide (Thu-Mon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scene is set for a Gilchrist blinder to take us to a quick 100 run lead. Bowl them out for 200, chase 100 in 10 overs on the last day, with Gilchrist sent in as opener.

Aww man....I thought I was the only guy with a copy of the script.

Except it was 12 overs, and Gilly hit a 32 ball fifty, with Ponting hitting Harbahjan for six to win the game off the second last ball.

Interesting to note was that Jaques, Hayden and Hussey were all bowled out. Typical Adelaide pitch, need a pearler of a ball and a lot of hard work to get wickets.
Saying that, I am desperately hoping India get them all out before the end of the days play tomorrow.

Posters above me, you're a little out of line..

EDIT: Whoops, beat me to it philhawk.

Good to see Australia digging in. They're probably hating having to play this way. Not making for great viewing either but when you give up 500+ in the first innings it is no good going out swinging like cowboys and getting behind by 100-200 again. This match could yet have an interesting finish. India should be playing for the win.

Any more vitriolic rubbish/accusations of cheating in this thread will see the post deleted and the poster infracted.

Final warning.
Yeah, I’ve just been reading some of the swill posted in this thread...Turn your back for 5 seconds and some of you are heading towards planning your own Australia day riots.

This is the match thread, not the bile and hatred thread. This should be one of the best ‘pure cricket’ threads on the board but half of it is rubbish.

Lift your game guys.

Australia seem to have already conceeded the draw....what other reason could they have for such a drab batting performance yesterday?

Australia seem to have already conceeded the draw....what other reason could they have for such a drab batting performance yesterday?

I wouldn't be to confident of that. Perhaps they only want to bat once in this Test Match, and try to bowl India out in 2 and a half sessions on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

worst case scenario:
India rips through us and has us out by lunch D4 with a 100 run lead, piles on a quick 200 and gives themselves 2.5 sessions to bowl us out on a dodgy D5 pitch.
We need to bat out most of D4.
How would they get 7 wickets in a session on this pitch? :eek: Even England wouldn't be crap enough for that to happen ;)

Hopefully we last this session without losing a wicket and start to get closer to that deficit.

India often bowling defensively to defensive fields didn't help matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back