Retired #45: Anthony Munkara - Leaving the club, returning to Tiwi - 7/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s just let him enjoy himself and stop overanalysing for the moment.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Fun GIF

Too bad they do not show all the lack of defensive efforts , the times he does not go for the footy when he should and how often his opponent is running the other way to link in the play. It is why you should not be seduced by the highlight reels . He is still a very long way back.

It's like his 8th VFL game ever. And he's coming from a long way back. I'd say the instruction would almost just be to go out there and try and enjoy his footy. If he's having the same issues in the middle of his 3rd season of VFL, I'd worry about it then.

Anthony Munkara

Seven disposals, five marks, two goals

Anthony got on the board again with two really nice goals, showing what a beautiful kick of the footy he is. He’s starting to show some good signs with his leading patterns and finding space in attacking positions, which has been really promising also.

I will be happy when he starts to attack the footy and not taking the soft option . He is very selective about when he goes and what contact he wants to be involved in. He is certainly no Walla .

Cal Twomey today said on Getable that he'll be gone from the club, any ideas as to why? Has the talent and is a longterm prospect.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I assume personal decision to leave given we'd have known it was a multi-year project when we drafted him.
Simply not up to and showed no improvement as far as attacking the contest and getting involved in the game on a consistent basis. No tank and does not like body contact.

I thought he made decent progression, averaged about 3 touches more in the second half of the year.

Was a long shot but a real kick in the guts as we have so few players with high level attributes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he made decent progression, averaged about 3 touches more in the second half of the year.
Was still very outside and selective about when he went for the footy. He simply doesn't like body contact. :cool:

Was still very outside and selective about when he went for the footy. He simply doesn't like body contact. :cool:

I agree but I think sometimes thats a confidence issue. We really dont need him to scrap in packs, just tackle and to get seperation and lay the odd bump. I think it can also be associated with fitness, given how taxing wrestling is and he was always coming from a low base in that regard. Its a seaaon premature if its from our end.

I agree but I think sometimes thats a confidence issue. We really dont need him to scrap in packs, just tackle and to get seperation and lay the odd bump. I think it can also be associated with fitness, given how taxing wrestling is and he was always coming from a low base in that regard. Its a seaaon premature if its from our end.

You’ve either got it or you don’t IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back