Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

IF he asks to be traded to Freo then I wouldn't be averse to going wih Crozier,Victorian with a bit of pace and x-factor.
Yeah I like Crozier also but they would need to give us more since Black is worth more and contracted.

I'd keep Black though since Waite is useless and Drew is near the end

With all due respect numchuks Black aint worth a first rounder on his current output.

I agree.

Which is why I'd rather keep him. His 2013 was something else.

If Freo end up winning the premiership though, I could definitely imagine them up a low end first rounder like a 18 to 20 for him depending how the rest of his season goes.

I agree.

Which is why I'd rather keep him. His 2013 was something else.

If Freo end up winning the premiership though, I could definitely imagine them up a low end first rounder like a 18 to 20 for him depending how the rest of his season goes.

I just think he wants out, must be depressing driving to Nth Ballarat to play VFL level footy.
Not saying Nth Ballarat is the arse end of the world, but I believe you can see it from there.

We must get him competitive and firing during the second half of the season and if he still wants to walk, so be it.

Look what happened with Tarrant, he showed serious potential as a young player, copped some serious injuries and plenty of people wrote him off. The club persisted with him and now the faith is paying off, he is currently one of our most important players.

Same thing needs to be done with Blacky imo, we've seen that he's got what it takes at AFL level when healthy, so let's get the guy healthy again and let him have a run at it.

Thomas Daw Turner/Garner
Wood Brown Black

This is our future.

I just think he wants out, must be depressing driving to Nth Ballarat to play VFL level footy.
Not saying Nth Ballarat is the arse end of the world, but I believe you can see it from there.

We must get him competitive and firing during the second half of the season and if he still wants to walk, so be it.

I don't think he wants out. No indication that this is the case.

Had the chance to jump ship at the height of home sickness and money in excess of what we're paying Higgins and signed a 4yr contract on lower money.

There is nothing in that article that makes it 'official' except the title.

I read it as they are into Dixon and the writer just put Blacks name in there because they tried to poach him in 2013.

He's contracted till 2017 so they would have to pay overs to get him. Either way it's a win-win for North.

Option A, Freo pays overs because they are desperate for a forward and he's contracted

Option B, He stays and becomes the player we know he's capable of
:rainbow:

One of our best? 15 goals in 11 games.

He's flying.
I hate to say stuff like this, but goals aren't everything, and it's not as if he's not contributing on this front at all. He's had something like the most marks in the AFL over the last month and his performances this year in a very inconsistent side have been the subject of praise in the media. Similarly, I'm of the opinion where he's been one of our more influential players this season, even if he's not getting the goals he has in previous years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is plenty of ice in Ballarat. Should see if Dayle Garlett wants to play for North Ballarat.

There is nothing in that article that makes it 'official' except the title.

I read it as they are into Dixon and the writer just put Blacks name in there because they tried to poach him in 2013.

He's contracted till 2017 so they would have to pay overs to get him. Either way it's a win-win for North.

Option A, Freo pays overs because they are desperate for a forward and he's contracted

Option B, He stays and becomes the player we know he's capable of
:rainbow:

option C he stays and doesn't become the player we thought he could be.

Pretty sure I saw Aaron Black star in Mad Max Fury Road tonight.
i thought i saw him in mad max 2 as the actor playing the Feral Kid, promising beginning to his career but havnt seen him since.
latest

mind you its alleged that the feral kid someday would become the leader of the villagers and who would go on to re-establish civilization. Possibly over in the west???

i thought i saw him in mad max 2 as the actor playing the Feral Kid, promising beginning to his career but havnt seen him since. mind you its alleged that the feral kid someday would become the leader of the villagers and who would go on to re-establish civilization. Possibly over in the west???

I agree he's gone at year's end (to the West). But the resemblance was there..... video-undefined-23F34BF600000578-620_636x358.jpg 10NMSt13AW-1137-760x438.jpg

Last edited:
1. Aaron Black played arguably his best game of the season, terrorising the Geelong defence with seven marks inside 50. If it wasn’t for inaccuracy he could have easily ended with a big bag of goals.

“That was the best game I’ve seen him play in a while,” Senior Development Coach Gavin Brown said.

“His work rate was through the roof, he took contested marks, he got them on the lead, he did a bit of everything.

“The key for him is to get on the move because he’s so athletic, quick and he has attributes in all areas of the game.”

No way I'd deal on Aaron Black unless someone threw us massive overs.

He's been injured and was probably played when he shouldn't have been last year (sidenote - must be really motivating to other players to send the message "we'd rather play a bloke who can't raise his arms to mark over you").

Waite is one twist, turn or brain snap from the end. Majak doesn't seem guaranteed to be in the club's plans or preferences. Drew is heading into his mid 30s, Mason Wood appears destined for a wing/utility role. Durdin seems penciled in for defence.

So trade out Black and our under 30 tall forward options can be summarised as:

Ben Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back