Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't have a liked to be a forward for us tonight with our ball use, but far out...

Like I said last season - Black's shoulder injury was just a convenient excuse for a poor year, and someone who had regressed. His shoulder didn't stop him from working hard and showing intent. Nor did it stop him from kicking above u/12 level.

No way was he the reason why we lost, but he's so far off it that it's not funny. Brad Scott stubbornly playing him last year when he didn't deserve selection most weeks couldn't have helped him in terms of knowing what is required to play AFL football.

Last edited:

Had two opportunities to boot a couple… shanked 'em.. then had the flight / ride to take a pack mark but wasn't able to… with Waite out with a pending hammy could.. I give him ONE MORE chance.. surely CAN't afford to fluff anymore opportunities. Can't blame him for the ordinary game as opportunities were limited but sheesh… DO SOMETHING… play with a CHIP on your shoulder… it's NOW (2015) or never …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should never have played to start with. Had done nothing to deserve a game.

To think Dumont couldn't get a game is laughable.

But i'm sure he has an injury of some sort that will means his performance is excused.

Last edited:
What the **** was Black meant to do with all that shit delivery, all those lazy ****ing mids letting the forwardline get swarmed and all that pressure which we didn't match.

I'm all for holding Black to account, he'll be on good money. But we bring him back after a few off into that morass of shit and sure enough I wander into BF to find the same old usual ****ing suspects in the gun for a team performance that stemmed from poor onfield leadership and a midfield that needs it's arses ****ing kicked.

I agree it is not all Black's fault that he played so poorly (again).

Our midfield has been rubbish most of this year.

But it's interesting how Brown can still get the job done and contribute, Black there are always excuses made and he is more experienced.

Fact is he is playing shit. Needs to stay in VFL until he proves why he deserves to put the jumper on.

At least we Know Waite would not have put up with the shit yesterday....

I want Lewis' head on a platter

What Black did last night was exactly what he did in Shepp a couple of months back, sweet Fanny Adams. Of course that game was only a preseason hit out and he still couldn't find the ball.

Black was as bad as he ever been, but the forwards weren't really to blame. Our forward entries were awful and our forward line structures were all over the place.

Black, Petrie and Brown being up the ground leaving guys like Nahas and Thomas deep forward when our midfielders kick the ball inside 50 was never going to work. We should have exposed their lack of Frawely and Lake with our talls but we didn't do that. So it was a combined of a poor set up and horrible decisions and skill from our mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back