Delisted #33: Brayden "Donny" Ham - not offered another contract - 18/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Got nothing to do with today, just a fact that he's another uncompetitive player in our squad.
You listed two of our best 6 today and another player who's best trait is his competitiveness, as well as a bloke who was subbed off 5 minutes in.

Willing to dismiss this opinion

You listed two of our best 6 today and another player who's best trait is his competitiveness, as well as a bloke who was subbed off 5 minutes in.

Willing to dismiss this opinion
If they were in our best today we are in for a long year ! Who's best trait is competivenes in that list ?

If they were in our best today we are in for a long year ! Who's best trait is competivenes in that list ?
Or you're wrong. And McGrath. Laughable call. He turned it over today yes, but to say he's uncompetitive? Laughable.

He panicks with the ball in hand, has from day 1..What constitutes competiveness in your eyes ?
Hard at the contest, works hard both ways. He's not fantastic ball in hand but that hardly constitutes uncompetitive.

As I said, laughable.

Hard at the contest, works hard both ways. He's not fantastic ball in hand but that hardly constitutes uncompetitive.

As I said, laughable.
Uncompetitive to me is , gives up too easily, doesn't put his head over the ball when it's his turn... I am harsh on him but I expect the same from everyone else.
Look I want everyone in an Essendon jumper to be the best they can and I want them all to SUCCEED but you need to play to your strengths and play your role.
I can't say I'm seeing this in our squad, these blokes are getting paid well and should be held to the highest accountability.

Uncompetitive to me is , gives up too easily, doesn't put his head over the ball when it's his turn... I am harsh on him but I expect the same from everyone else.
Look I want everyone in an Essendon jumper to be the best they can and I want them all to SUCCEED but you need to play to your strengths and play your role.
I can't say I'm seeing this in our squad, these blokes are getting paid well and should be held to the highest accountability.
And you're citicising Andrew McGrath over that. Get some perspective, please.

He panicks with the ball in hand, has from day 1..What constitutes competiveness in your eyes ?
Being competitive has pretty much zero do do with poor decision making or disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no concerns over Hams performance today. He's never been strong enough in the contest to play AFL. He's a fringe player. Ou leaders and senior players are to blame for todays loss.
100% true today. Ham was Ham but it was not his fault we where off the pace in most areas.

Okay then, his decision making is poor, his disposal leaves alot to be desired and he gives up far too easily...hows that ?
Leave the gives up too easy out.

I have no concerns over Hams performance today. He's never been strong enough in the contest to play AFL. He's a fringe player. Ou leaders and senior players are to blame for todays loss.

Sort of agree, but there’s really no point in playing him anymore. It’s year 4 and he hasn’t improved at all.

His literal only ‘strength’ is he’s an okay kick if he has 5 meters of space.

He’s a dreadful user under any type of pressure and is sinply too small to have any impact in a contest.

McGrath cops a lot of crap simply because he has that #1 Draft pick floating over his head, He's a good player but I think people expect more out of him because of that number.

Sort of agree, but there’s really no point in playing him anymore. It’s year 4 and he hasn’t improved at all.

He’s a dreadful user under any type of pressure and is sinply too small to have any impact in a contest.
Yeah my point is we already know all of this about Ham. Its not a surprising performance and im not concerned. I dont think he should be in the team. Its the leaders and senior players that need to have a look at themselves and figure out wtf just happened

I always look at the better teams and ask myself why (are they there) or what (do they do to help the team) and for mine, we have far too many in the can't answer group and Brayden is firmly towards the top of it.

I don't understand why Brayden is in the side.

Ctrl C + Ctrl V critiques of Ham's game from his other 40~ matches and they'll be about the same as they were today.

Very good runner and always bobs up in places a normal player wouldn't because of his great workrate. But he lacks size and aggression and doesn't have the high level of skill to offset these shortcomings.

Essendon of old would've kept him on the list until he's 26 and played 100+ games to come to the inevitable and obvious conclusion. I just hope this new Essendon outfit will realise it a lot sooner.

Criticism in the last couple of pages is fundamentally misplaced.

Forget the whole ‘competitiveness’ bullshit, may as well say he’s no good because he doesn’t give 110% and take it one week at a time.

What we have is a completely capable outside player who can offer some nice run and carry and use it well but either has no understanding of how to hold width and run the lanes or is being instructed to do the wrong thing. Is also not a forward but that’s a necessity thing at the moment and I doubt that lasts when more live options present.

Yes it takes a degree of austerity but there were several times today where he was a bee to a honey pot and he not only didn’t have to go at the contest but needed trust the structure and not go at the contest. Resulted in the Cats chaining to the outside with far too much ease and away they go.

Something to work on and he’s not alone in needing to work on it.

Criticism in the last couple of pages is fundamentally misplaced.

Forget the whole ‘competitiveness’ bullshit, may as well say he’s no good because he doesn’t give 110% and take it one week at a time.

What we have is a completely capable outside player who can offer some nice run and carry and use it well but either has no understanding of how to hold width and run the lanes or is being instructed to do the wrong thing. Is also not a forward but that’s a necessity thing at the moment and I doubt that lasts when more live options present.

Yes it takes a degree of austerity but there were several times today where he was a bee to a honey pot and he not only didn’t have to go at the contest but needed trust the structure and not go at the contest. Resulted in the Cats chaining to the outside with far too much ease and away they go.

Something to work on and he’s not alone in needing to work on it.
That’s a highly

ambiguous statement

Confusing too

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #33: Brayden "Donny" Ham - not offered another contract - 18/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back