Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

It's why I liked the very low-key return of Hird. Gave the gutter journalists very little ammo.
Though, it would appear that you can work a comment about Hird into just about any article.
Surely it's gone on so long that most people are numb to it and really don't give a stuff about Hird coaching. So what's the agenda?

(Edit: sorry for derailing...)
Yeah.. sorry but the low key thing didn't work.. gutter is going to gutter.. it just made the club look weak and like they didn't back Hird in.

Amazing how much better the place feels when Hird has been out and about and on the front page giving interviews etc etc.. sometimes you have to bite the bullet and get through something.

I have no doubt that trying to 'hide' Hird for two months only made the thing worse.

Already the sacked/not sacked/will be sacked thing is old news.. and by the time he has been in the box a couple of times and everybody has had their 'outrage'.. then it kinda just becomes normal.. like in 2013.. it just is.

If we had done the right thing in August.. I doubt we would still be talking about it now tbh.. yeah Caro would still be writing about it.. but she would be alone really.. as today has shown.. plenty of other news to keep the vultures happy right now. And TBH.. EFC is a pretty lame story.. one player leaving.. but no exodus.. no coaching fireworks.. just situation normal.

I don't have the time or insight - biut can somone brighter than me write the"what the **** has happened to footy" article?

Have to disagree with you there rines.

Whatever it is Caro does these days, it doesn't even begin to resemble Journalism.

You're referring to a Walkley Award winner there.

Just shows that the Walkey Award is utterly irrelevant.

You're referring to a Walkley Award winner there.

Just shows that the Walkey Award is utterly irrelevant.
Don't go there.. was reading some mag at the doctors.. I think womans weekly.. maybe new idea.. god knows.. Anyway they had a 'top 50 most powerful women in Australia piece..

And Caro Wilson was given equal 44th of something with the following "Award winning journalist who BLEW OPEN the Essendon Supplement Saga with her expert insight and courage in 2013.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lucky I was already at the Drs office.. felt really ill.

Don't go there.. was reading some mag at the doctors.. I think womans weekly.. maybe new idea.. god knows.. Anyway they had a 'top 50 most powerful women in Australia piece..

And Caro Wilson was given equal 44th of something with the following "Award winning journalist who BLEW OPEN the Essendon Supplement Saga with her expert insight and courage in 2013.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lucky I was already at the Drs office.. felt really ill.

She should've been in line for the Man Booker prize for her Essendon Supplement Saga "insight", not a Walkey. Absolute black stain on the Walkeys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting little snippet in a Trengove article:
It is understood Port Adelaide had also been in talks with Richmond about possibly securing pick 12 so it could potentially use that in a trade for Paddy Ryder from Essendon.
Bodes somewhat well.

Interesting little snippet in a Trengove article:Bodes somewhat well.

I'm still trying to determine exactly what Port would offer Richmond for #12.

Pick #17 + fringe player / swap of later picks?

Then it's a matter of how much more Essendon would want to get it done. Still very much hoping another club (GWS, the place to be!) gets in on negotiations. Can only be good for the Bombers.

The whole thing has morphed from the "Cult of Hird :rolleyes: to the "Cult of get Hird" :$

Listening to the frothing from Rita yesterday was cringeworthy and what's worse is almost everyone who's "aboard the train" is that blinded by wanting to be vindicated they cant recognize it for what it really is :oops:

Ya.. you really can write them from home..

NO matter what issue.. by Paragraph 3-4 we are back to 'Hird has to go, Hird is evil'.. at what point do people become bored though.. I mean how many times can you be told the guy is the devil before you go "yep.. righto next topic"

How she can possibly link Hird into an article about the Bulldogs captain walking out and them sacking a coach.. sorry a coach 'resigning'.. that is creative journalism..
It was an article about all the coaches who have "lost" the players and have been moved on. Only, Hird hasn't been moved on yet.

So can someone explain this Ryder retiring crap? Is he going to retire permanently, for the 2 years of his contract or just "retire" then get cut off the list and be drafted to Port?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Back