AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Said good in the contest or aerially if you don’t have pace didn’t I? Pendles one of the greatest ever at stoppages?

I’m acting like Perkins is Jobe Watson? I said Perkins is a role player. I said the only way he becomes more than a role player imo is if he could make it as an inside mid. I don’t see him being an above average player as a forward due to lack of pace and aerial ability.

Imo I disagree that his strengths are contested work, aerial ability and kicking
Speed wise, he ain’t slow. Think your eyes are deceivingy you. You don’t believe he doesn’t have a penetrating kick? And he’s a good finisher?
Wasn’t he like 8.0 from set shots heading into last nights game 😂

Watching the replay and Parish has done nothing (in this game) that demands to keep him in.
If that was the case maybe he shouldn't have more tackles than 7 blokes combined and that's including people who are in the side to create that pressure.

Love how Darce's tackle count is brought up for months on end but when he leads the side and has more than 7 blokes combined it's all crickets.

A stat that only matters when it suits the occasion and yes that includes my posts.

If that was the case maybe he shouldn't have more tackles than 7 blokes combined and that's including people who are in the side to create that pressure.

Love how Darce's tackle count is brought up for months on end but when he leads the side and has more than 7 blokes combined it's all crickets.

A stat that only matters when it suits the occasion and yes that includes my posts.
to be fair most of those tackles were weak as piss. so i guess just parish pumping another stat category.

Watching the replay and Parish has done nothing (in this game) that demands to keep him in. Its not like his clearance work was so much better than anyone else's that we keep him. His goal kicking was woeful.

Obviously not a great advertisement to keep him but something to keep in mind
You need to rewatch the last quarter and then bear in mind it's his second game back from an injury lay-off. His centre clearance to set up the Langford goal gave us a chance to win the game.

He did play shit last week, but this week was much better. More defensive at stoppages and constantly ensured he got back to support the defence. Had some scrappy turnovers but overall was much better this week.

The Tackle: Mark Robinson’s likes and dislikes from round 16​

4. DARCY PARISH

The Essendon midfielder is chasing a new contract.
It will be sizeable and deserved and it will be announced soon enough that he’s staying a Bomber.

He had 29 disposals and kicked four behinds — one each in the third and fourth quarters and two in the second quarter — against Port Adelaide on Saturday night. If he had 29 and kicked three goals, he would have been best afield and the Bombers probably would’ve won the game.

Parish is a very good player, a clearance and ball-winner, but he is not yet a great player. His kicking is an area which has improved, but it needs more improvement.
There’s nothing new in that comment, but as the Bombers grow to be serious premiership contenders it’s players such as Parish who have to take their opportunities, who have to make it happen.

It’s the one area of his game which, if it can be addressed, could elevate him to be among the very best mids in the game and could elevate the Bombers from mid-table.

4. DARCY PARISH

It will be sizeable and deserved and it will be announced soon enough that he’s staying a Bomber.

He had 29 disposals and kicked four behinds — one each in the third and fourth quarters and two in the second quarter — against Port Adelaide on Saturday night. If he had 29 and kicked three goals, he would have been best afield and the Bombers probably would’ve won the game.

Parish is a very good player, a clearance and ball-winner, but he is not yet a great player. His kicking is an area which has improved, but it needs more improvement.
There’s nothing new in that comment, but as the Bombers grow to be serious premiership contenders it’s players such as Parish who have to take their opportunities, who have to make it happen.

It’s the one area of his game which, if it can be addressed, could elevate him to be among the very best mids in the game and could elevate the Bombers from mid-table.

Nuance from Robbo? He's either drunker than normal or more sober than normal.

Speed wise, he ain’t slow. Think your eyes are deceivingy you. You don’t believe he doesn’t have a penetrating kick? And he’s a good finisher?
Wasn’t he like 8.0 from set shots heading into last nights game 😂
If you think Perkins is quick and a good kick than I don’t know what to say. Field kick I didn’t say set shots 😂

If you think Perkins is quick and a good kick than I don’t know what to say. Field kick I didn’t say set shots 😂

Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4. DARCY PARISH

Pretty reasonable assessment TBH.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back