Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im concerned about the weather, not sure we are that good in the wet anymore, dogs absolutely smoked us at home in the wet not long ago, dry weather for our running and marking game please!!!

Doesn’t look like there will be any rain before or during game. But You’d think wet weather wouldn’t suit their tall forwards and we pumped them in the wet this year.

I couldn't be happier with the selections: pick the form line up, not the surname.

Port were a rabble last night and Sydney still couldn't put them away. Then celebrated like they'd won the flag already.

This flag is completely up for grabs.

Agreed. That was an extraordinarily poor effort by Port.
And I thought Sydney’s celebrations were completely OTT. It’s ok to celebrate but they literally looked liked they’d won the flag.
If we’re successful tonight, there is no way you’ll see our players running around like headless chooks, a la Sydney last night.
And does Papley have the most punchable face in football? Absolute knob of the highest order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im concerned about the weather, not sure we are that good in the wet anymore, dogs absolutely smoked us at home in the wet not long ago, dry weather for our running and marking game please!!!
Only game against Brisbane this year was in a monsoon in Brisbane and we beat them comfortably.

Also Comfortably beat Hawthorn in the game that took 3-5 business days to complete

Outside our game I don't know what their Wet weather form is like but I did see that they aren't great when it's cold

Weather won’t be an issue. Next to no rain predicted at all according to BOM. If there is any, it would be a brief bit of light drizzle.

What kind of crowd are they expecting? I notice they are now selling walk up tickets for general admission on all levels and standing room. I phoned during the week enquiring about general admission and standing room and they categorically said you have to buy a seating ticket ahead of game day, that no tickets will be sold on the day. Does that mean they were bullshitting or are there so many tickets available that they've changed the rules.

Agreed. That was an extraordinarily poor effort by Port.
And I thought Sydney’s celebrations were completely OTT. It’s ok to celebrate but they literally looked liked they’d won the flag.
If we’re successful tonight, there is no way you’ll see our players running around like headless chooks, a la Sydney last night.
And does Papley have the most punchable face in football? Absolute knob of the highest order!

Papley is the only reason I don’t want Sydney to win the flag if we don’t win it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not quite relevant to this game but after seeing Rioli and Papley go at it last night, is anyone else feeling oddly thankful that none of our small forwards play with that kind of ego/shit talking nature?

Papley could be the most obnoxious AFL player going around. Tremendously bad example. Should be fined at the very least for his putting his forehead up against Rioli’s the way he did!
Flog.

I’m expecting a very tough and close contest, hoping Lions run out of legs in the last half, we just need to pressure the living shite out of them from the get go. In all honesty I think Blitz is the perfect fit for Joe and I’m thinking Stewy will be drifting back most of the game. Our smalls are key and the likes of Mannagh Stengle Close Miers OHenry will get us over the line by 18pts. Stengle with 3 goals for BOG.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What kind of crowd are they expecting? I notice they are now selling walk up tickets for general admission on all levels and standing room. I phoned during the week enquiring about general admission and standing room and they categorically said you have to buy a seating ticket ahead of game day, that no tickets will be sold on the day. Does that mean they were bullshitting or are there so many tickets available that they've changed the rules.
Yeah it’s 🐴 💩 they try and maximise seating first is my guess, would rather be standing but pulled the pin on seated tickets a few days ago. Reckon it’ll be in the 90’s FWIW

Dekoning is unlucky but he’s mostly had a poor two years since the premiership. At this time of year they just have to go with the best group they can to beat who we’ve got.
The biggest issue for him is he actually hasn’t been playing down back so that added another layer of concern if he was coming in where was he playing.

There’s a chance he still comes in to the side but either way I’m confident we’ve put out a good side that could win. I’m not overly confident we will win but everything is there for us to do it.

Dekoning has some training in the off season to improve his game. I’d love to see him transition into a ruck who drifts forward. But whatever spot he plays he needs to work on his strength in the contest.
I think he also needs a bit of head stuff and body language. He looks very down on himself at times post-injury. Understandable but also fixable.

Get those right and a bit more muscle and he will be back to being a gun.

I am sure the club has a plan in place for him, it's up to him to buy into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said the other day expecting roughly 92k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back