Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

only reason I push my case is that for some reason people seem to rate or defend the kid.

What the f*** lol. Why does that offend you so much related to Will specifically.

It's not an agenda.

I don't believe you mate.

I've had this view from the start, same with simpkin. I've also been wrong plenty of times. I'm a passionate north man.
Simpkin and Phillips have both shown that they have the capabilities of playing solid AFL footy. Both have had their setbacks, and for some reason they have both, including 90% of the rest of the team have gone backwards in terms of development compared to last year.

Yes it’s frustrating but we have them both on the list until the end of the year so what is the point of coming online every day and wasting your energy s**t canning them and getting worked up about it.

There is nobody else in the reserves who is busting down the door to be selected afaik so just chill and let it play out ffs

I've had this view from the start, same with simpkin. I've also been wrong plenty of times. I'm a passionate north man.

"I've had this view from the start" ... but for whatever reasons, have only expressed it - often and critically - in hindsight.

LOL, who actually missed the point here?

I think he'll play as I doubt both Jy and LDU get up.

If he doesn't play his goose is cooked, the fat lady has sung, and it's over red rover.

And of course too many midfielders spoil the broth.
Particularly if you add too much stout to said broth.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

lol there are some dead set awful calls in here.

Come on man. Will or his family has clearly done something to you personally or firebombed a business or something, but even you can admit there's nothing soft about Will. He might be in the slowish side, and he might be small, but the thing he is good at is extracting contested footy and tackling. He is not soft by any conceivable or measurable metric. Garbage call.

Elsewhere, for whatever reason (and I think there are plenty) it appears Will may not have the career he was hoping for at North, or that we were hoping for. Nobody from that draft has probably lived up to the expectations that were placed on them at the time. I still have hope that Will can carve out a place in our midfield and contribute to the development of our younger players as they come through and get his career back on track. If he doesn't, it will be a bloody shame, but you won't find me crowing on the football discussion website about how I was right all along or it's a good thing that Will is f***ing s**t or whatever.
I'm not big on I told you so. I never rated him. Turns out I was right.

Think you missed the point. I'm not on here ragging out on our player's 24/7. We've got a list full of s**t campaigners, for whatever reason people are keen to defend Will. He's no good, never was and never will be. I'm looking forward to this being a past player's thread and we can have a laugh.

Obviously it’s the pick 3 thing. We’ve drafted dozens of 18 year olds who were off the list within 5 years in the current shithouse period and just prior to it. Durdin and Nielsen come to mind, Perez and Mahoney and plenty of others. If Phillips was pick 17, let alone pick 54, nobody would even bother posting in this thread.

But if it’s frustrating as heck to be in the middle of this seemingly endless rebuild and keep wasting priceless early picks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously it’s the pick 3 thing. We’ve drafted dozens of 18 year olds who were off the list within 5 years in the current shithouse period and just prior to it. Durdin and Nielsen come to mind, Perez and Mahoney and plenty of others. If Phillips was pick 17, let alone pick 54, nobody would even bother posting in this thread.

But if it’s frustrating as * to be in the middle of this seemingly endless rebuild and keep wasting priceless early picks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What other early picks have we wasted in the last say half a dozen years I presume we are talking 1st round picks being early picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just cut the BS mate, your last 40 posts (didn’t go back any further) are all shitcanning Will. It’s authentically weird that no other topic on this board has inspired you to post anything. Just STFU, it’s so embarrassing.
I think old mate watched Baby Reindeer and thought it was an inspirational tale.

I think any pick from 1-25 is a early pick or you'd expect some type of return from them. I also think Powell isn't worth his early draft point.
Out of that draft class though he's practically flying really. It hasn't held up that well.

I had a peak at his thread on the draft and free agency thread. He’s not rated at all outside of this board.
In fairness to Will not many of our players are rated by other supporters, Sheezel, Larkey and LDU probably the exceptions.

With this guy get picked up by the Saints and under Lyon become an effective and reliable player. Just like Mason Wood. Why the * this guy is dropped and Stephenson gets a game, is beyond me.

With this guy get picked up by the Saints and under Lyon become an effective and reliable player. Just like Mason Wood. Why the * this guy is dropped and Stephenson gets a game, is beyond me.

He was dropped because he was terrible last week.

And I say that as one of the dwindling numbers of Phillips supporters.

I had a peak at his thread on the draft and free agency thread. He’s not rated at all outside of this board.

so no chance of leaving so that means we can put some work into him to become a solid midfield unit so that the likes of sheezal and wardlaw can attack more

i do think he is a very good anchor type player much like leigh adams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back