AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Further setback with ankle soreness - 18/6

Remove this Banner Ad

I do feel for him. The way we acquired him felt like we had another Courtney John’s situation on our hands. He overcame that and I don’t think there was anything more he could have done to push for selection last year. A bit unlucky not to play more senior games than he did.

This summer it looks like he has done everything right and pushed himself to the absolute limit and then this to happen now. It such a shame and it shows how cruel this sport can be sometimes. I just hope it doesn’t put him out for a whole season.

Not far from a return

I personally reckon this unlucky bstard is the second coming of Michael Hurley

But he finds himself coming off injury, and double parked behind Reid who is also waiting for a game

I would be watching closely if I was North. Big if, but if Kaine stays fit he will be a star.

Not far from a return

I personally reckon this unlucky bstard is the second coming of Michael Hurley

But he finds himself coming off injury, and double parked behind Reid who is also waiting for a game

I would be watching closely if I was North. Big if, but if Kaine stays fit he will be a star.
I like him too but he's not going to be on our list next year given how much depth we have in his position (unless he starts playing forward in VFL and dominating). Other clubs may want him but we won't get anything more than a token pick for him.

I actually like all three of our perennially injured talls. Reid, Hunter and Baldwin. All three have the talent IMO. But can’t get a run at it.
Its the Essington way,

will join illuminates like Scott Gumbleton, Courtneyy Johns, Keplar Bradley

I actually like all three of our perennially injured talls. Reid, Hunter and Baldwin. All three have the talent IMO. But can’t get a run at it.

I think Baldwin’s half a chance to stay on. Maybe just under.

Hunter is almost certainly gone sadly. Will be 24 by the time he next plays a game of footy and has had season ending injuries the past 4 (or 5?) years running. Unfortunately doesn’t seem built for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not mind if he stays as I think he is a good defender. May get stuck in the que with us so maybe it would be better for him to find a new home where he can get games.

I think Baldwin’s half a chance to stay on. Maybe just under.

Hunter is almost certainly gone sadly. Will be 24 by the time he next plays a game of footy and has had season ending injuries the past 4 (or 5?) years running. Unfortunately doesn’t seem built for it
I’d love to keep both, but list spots are a premium. Only one or two obvious delistees and many of the “maybe” candidates are rookie spot players. Saad if he shows something just makes the situation harder.

Would not mind if he stays as I think he is a good defender. May get stuck in the que with us so maybe it would be better for him to find a new home where he can get games.
I was under the impression hes fighting with Lav and Ridley more than Hayes and Reid for a spot in defence

fair enough. Undersized for a key back but here we are
That is where he played all his VFL in defense and he was good at it . He played on the resting rucks and the bigger KPF.

I’d love to keep both, but list spots are a premium. Only one or two obvious delistees and many of the “maybe” candidates are rookie spot players. Saad if he shows something just makes the situation harder.
Hoping they start to expand the list sizes in preparation for Tas coming in, it would be the best way to ensure that there is enough talent developing properly, and soften the blow of losing a couple of senior players.

"Return to play can take several weeks and even months with either type of treatment. Determined by the degree of injury, return to play after tarsal navicular stress fractures is typically a minimum of 12 weeks, and can be longer."
View attachment 1907373
Home | Sports Medicine Today › ...

NAVICULAR STRESS FRACTURE - Sports Medicine Today

Maybe plays after the bye...​

Well timed for his availability. Ironically, now probably has to wait for a player to get injured if he wants to play AFL.

fairbump_playon reckons a club like North might pick him up. I'd add the Bulldogs since they're too silly not to play the obvious Naughton switch to defence. He'd be silly to say no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back