Player Watch #22: Taylor Goad - #20 in '23 ND - the Unicorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Even by BigFooty standards there are some truly moronic posts in this thread.

Anyone labelling a first year ruck a bust has absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

Go look at Max Gawn's first few years in the system peabrains.

Let me tell yah a story Psicosis. Big X was picked up with pick 72. Goad was picked up with pick 20. Yah shouldn’t be coughing up pick 20 on a Project Ruck. Especially when yah take into account how Rucks really don’t win yah games. :stern look
Seperate issue though. I’m not here posting that we should use a late first on ruckman.

I’m here posting that writing a young ruckman off so early is dumb. Xerri (who most had in the delist bucket) a pretty good case in point.

Like we did with Joel Crocker

Crocker was purely a nepotism selection.

Goad would have been drafted by a club no matter what based on his ability showed in underage football.

It’s really not the same.

Seperate issue though. I’m not here posting that we should use a late first on ruckman.

I’m here posting that writing a young ruckman off so early is dumb. Xerri (who most had in the delist bucket) a pretty good case in point.
Fair Enough. I never had X in the delist bucket and it’s clearly too early to tell if Goad will make it or be a bust. My issue is we used pick 20 on a Project Ruck. :stern look

Been plenty of rucks picked early and before you say there forwards as well maybe Goad is s well Read suns pick 9
I could tell you a story but after reading that incoherent dribble above I very much doubt you’d be able to understand it. :stern look

He was projected top 30 Adelaide were keen to take the pick following.

Every North Ruckman North has recruited over the last 20 years has been written

Goldstein
Hale
Goldstein
 Xerri

All were written off as duds in the first 18 months.

The only thing we have done well in the last 20 years is develop and gave A grade ruckmen.

I'll wait another season before throwing the toys out the cot
What? We drafted Goldstein twice? Every North Ruckman North have recruited has been written? On a parchment? I also doubt if I was to tell you another story that you’d be capable of understanding it. :stern look

Even by BigFooty standards there are some truly moronic posts in this thread.

Anyone labelling a first year ruck a bust has absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

Go look at Max Gawn's first few years in the system peabrains.
Hell, even look at the very first post on our Goldstein thread :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #22: Taylor Goad - #20 in '23 ND - the Unicorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back