List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally, the only positions arguably more important are inside mids, outside mids, key forwards, small forwards, half forwards, wingers, and rucks. But definitely more important than back pockets.
I reckon the most important positions are those held by the elite players that the coaches devise their entire gameplan around because they have those elite players available.

It can be any combo of the positions you named, except rucks, because they're mostly peripheral, unless you're Max Gawn.

But every elite team has an elite half back flanker.

sorry but I don’t understand the angst over the lions getting the Ashcrofts through father son. It’s not the AFL’s fault our ex players can only produce the calibre of Joel Crocker and cooper. Jackson seems to be going ok. Father sons should play for their dad’s team.
Our best father son ever has been Lmac

sorry but I don’t understand the angst over the lions getting the Ashcrofts through father son. It’s not the AFL’s fault our ex players can only produce the calibre of Joel Crocker and cooper. Jackson seems to be going ok. Father sons should play for their dad’s team.
They should, but not at the discount that currently exists.

Edit: particularly with academy picks and FA compo. Look at the last half a dozen years counting this year, three FS (or four if you look at Darcy) and an academy pick all had high chances of going number 1 in a free market. All for way unders.

The possible number one pick going to the premiers for a collection of junk picks makes it hard to argue that isn’t the case.
Oh, and the best on ground in a GF came to them the same way.
Well they are now blessed with father sons and academy players, at the right time.

They should continue to be a finals team in the same fashion as the Swans and Geelong, as they are now a production line, so FA and trade targets should be no problem.

Unless they kick like Jayson Daniels.

How did W Ashcroft win the Norm Smith Medal? He hasn’t had 100 games pumped into him!!!

How did Fagan coach this side to a flag? He had the same Racism Saga as Clarko did and yet Clarko coached poorly because of it. Things just aren’t making sense to me.

I mean, even the optometrists amongst us have got to start wondering if this shlt show will ever end????
Ummm just maybe the fact that Fagan is in his 8th year at the Lions might have something to do with it?!

F$&k me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s rubbish. We would be furious if had to pay up overs to secure a good father son.
Nah the discount should not exist.
You already are getting a player your not entitled too due to ladder position.
That's a big enough bonus you don't need a discount on top.
It should be really hard to get 2 first round picks from academy or fs. Gc got 5 last year. Thats ridiculous

Nah the discount should not exist.
You already are getting a player your not entitled too due to ladder position.
That's a big enough bonus you don't need a discount on top.
It should be really hard to get 2 first round picks from academy or fs. Gc got 5 last year. Thats ridiculous
Yeah I get that also. It wouldn’t have been nice if we had a few more good ones before they inevitably change the rules

Shit, I’m hoping we are competing whilst a 20 year old and an 18 year old are still playing.

We ain’t competing for Jack Shat until the dysfunctional Forward half is sorted and I’m sorry to tell you all but Parker won’t be playing in 2029

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back