Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

I get the feeling we'll struggle to get the Parker trade over the line.

We opened with Darling for a 4th rounder so given Parker is actually wanted at Sydney, they might try to shake us down. And we don't have history playing hardball with them.

I reckon we’ll be ok. He’s a club champion that’s asked to leave. The Swans always present as pretty reasonable.

Yeah that would be absolutely crazy. If we had pick 10 or 11, that’s more than 13……our F1 will most certainly be better than 10+
We would be giving up potentially 2 very good players for 3 years from Houston.
Would pick 10 or 11 plus a F2nd be enough to still get Port to trade with us rather than either the Pies or Blues ?

I’m not even convinced we’ve offered our F1 as the sole trade with nothing coming back.
Our F1 should have them biting our hand off. We must want something else in return or the deal would be done.
Port could essentially have taken “both number 1’s off North” in the past 4 years if things went to plan for them.
Port Adelaide bloke is annoying AF anyway, hate that we are dealing with him.

Good result.

Also a good result, imo. We'll need something for Stevos kid.

Good chance Stevens makes it to the rookie draft where I think we can just list him. I think there’s some rule after a certain point in the main draft you can just take a F/S as long as you have a list spot.

Maybe they need to go down to the Tender Touch to get an idea... although the 1 star review by Jack Wang in 2018 isn't inspiring, "Manager not good girls not young".
They apparently went to the Daily Planet, thinking it was a newspaper to give them intel on player trades

I’m not even convinced we’ve offered our F1 as the sole trade with nothing coming back.
Our F1 should have them biting our hand off. We must want something else in return or the deal would be done.
Port could essentially have taken “both number 1’s off North” in the past 4 years if things went to plan for them.
Port Adelaide bloke is annoying AF anyway, hate that we are dealing with him.

Yeah, it didn't sound like it was 2 for Houston, Brady just said it would be involved.

The media coverage of this is bizarre to me.

If we absolutely wanted him we could have him. Teams fighting over pick 13 for him, we could split our first and blow that offer out of the water if we were so inclined.

Then Dan would have egg on his face if he refused to come to the club with the vastly superior offer.

Media acting like we are poor beggars when the bloke will go to the highest bidder, and we have the biggest bag at the table if want to play it.

Good chance Stevens makes it to the rookie draft where I think we can just list him. I think there’s some rule after a certain point in the main draft you can just take a F/S as long as you have a list spot.
Even better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we’ll be ok. He’s a club champion that’s asked to leave. The Swans always present as pretty reasonable.

Yeah, it wouldn't be looking good to be haggling over a 3rd round pick for someone that has played close to 300 games for your club. They have an academy printing press that manufactures players better than 3rd round draftees.

The media coverage of this is bizarre to me.

If we absolutely wanted him we could have him. Teams fighting over pick 13 for him, we could split our first and blow that offer out of the water if we were so inclined.

Then Dan would have egg on his face if he refused to come to the club with the vastly superior offer.

Media acting like we are poor beggars when the bloke will go to the highest bidder, and we have the biggest bag at the table if want to play it.
He barracks/barracked for Carlton mate. Was always going there. It’s a crock. We’ve clearly made the best offer but he doesn’t want it.
That’s ok, just keep the list in your pocket George and BigX……..They will remember.

He barracks/barracked for Carlton mate. Was always going there. It’s a crock. We’ve clearly made the best offer but he doesn’t want it.
That’s ok, just keep the list in your pocket George and BigX……..They will remember.
I think if he goes to Carlton for pick 13 and it comes out we had pick 10 on the table, port supporters would want blood

Wouldn't it be astonishing if a player refused a move after his current club and intended club had already reached agreement on the trade, but the player himself didn't believe that the trade was fair compensation for his talent and that his current club deserves more?
It would also be funny if a player's current club was playing hard-ball but in parallel working another deal for a replacement from elsewhere, then at the last minute, reached out to the intended club saying they are now wanting to go ahead with the trade at the original price only to find out that the intended club had found a better option and had just lodged the papers a minute before the player's current club jumped on the phone to do business.

EAD footscray.

So Carlton can't afford to keep Owies, Kennedy and some other hacks on the books... but they are also chasing Houston? Better get the Visy brown paper bags out.
I read somewhere, probably on here, that Owies wants 700K+…….tipping he has pissed a few off at the Blues.

So Carlton can't afford to keep Owies, Kennedy and some other hacks on the books... but they are also chasing Houston? Better get the Visy brown paper bags out.
Media narrative is all ‘the salary cap is going up so they’ll have space’, but was last year, ‘the salary cap goes up next year so existing deals are backended’. You get to spend it twice apparently….

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back