Memberships 2024 St.Kilda Membership Thread (58,190 - 02/05/2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

StFly is still cool. Granted it's not a piss your own pants coz you get kicked out of the sandpit for behaving like an a-hole kind of cool like you're looking for. More a kind of a subtle cool that takes years of development, placing it beyond the reach of the prepubescent. It's not for everyone.
He'll just have to do for the time being until they can fill the position for "self gratifying knob wanted for forum moderator".
You could have put your hand up to be a mod ScrappyDo

No doubt its easier throwing stones at George when he can't defend himself

Ticketmaster is terrible compared to Ticketek

Can Ticketmaster even send a text with a link to directly open the ticket? It seems like you need to have a Ticketmaster account to open the ticket. Creates headaches.

Ticketmaster is terrible compared to Ticketek

Can Ticketmaster even send a text with a link to directly open the ticket? It seems like you need to have a Ticketmaster account to open the ticket. Creates headaches.

Ticket# is terrible regardless, they all need to be much better with how they handle that space and they all fail spectacularly for the same sort of reasons just one slightly more or less than others.

We're all grateful that you guys stood up but it's pretty clear that you're all neither funny, nor cool, nor right wing enough for those more hip amongst the StKilda crowd.
The recent influx of new members is damming to the state of affairs under your watch, and it's about time you all started banning members who disagree with your opinions.

Not everyone who enjoyed the banter with George, Dard, Mowman etc should be labelled as right wing.

Personally, I miss it. I'm sure I'm not alone. It was a big part of what I enjoyed about coming here. For me, the forum is a lot more vanilla now.

You don't like George?... cool. But the right wing stuff is a stretch.

Not everyone who enjoyed the banter with George, Dard, Mowman etc should be labelled as right wing.

Personally, I miss it. I'm sure I'm not alone. It was a big part of what I enjoyed about coming here. For me, the forum is a lot more vanilla now.

I would use the term “bland”.

It started to really leak into a lot of threads that had nothing to do with politics though.

I didn't mind a lot of it TBH, and I'm apolitical so it's not a criticism of anyone. But this has happened before and it'll happen again, and the forum will find a new mojo as it rolls along.
It's pretty clear to me that cliques in this place eventually become destructive and then self destruct not long after as people inevitably forget that the rules apply to everyone. Those involved this time didn't take it on the chin which is unfortunate but plenty of noobs have joined lately making this fan forum oddly reflect the club's situation. Hopefully the boys can return after they've had a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been here for many years but he forced me to change nicks
Uh Huh Sure GIF

They were right wing?!

Can we open up a thread called "The George, Dard and Mowman Show" where those guys can be welcomed back to talk about anything they like? That way the other posters who don't enjoy funny content, but simply prefer the same repetitive moaning about footy most other posters provide can just ignored it.
I believe there's already a thread available.

I didn't mind a lot of it TBH, and I'm apolitical so it's not a criticism of anyone. But this has happened before and it'll happen again, and the forum will find a new mojo as it rolls along.
It's pretty clear to me that cliques in this place eventually become destructive and then self destruct not long after as people inevitably forget that the rules apply to everyone. Those involved this time didn't take it on the chin which is unfortunate but plenty of noobs have joined lately making this fan forum oddly reflect the club's situation. Hopefully the boys can return after they've had a break.

A lot of posters got permanent bans so can't, that dickhead Carlton bloke had his moment of power, shat everywhere and left. Even if you didn't like them they added a lot of energy and good vibes as well as pissing a few off. Dard, Mowman and George provided a lot of the energy on here. They might not have been everyone's cup of tea but the forum is a bit like watching daytime telly with your gran while she recounts the old days without them.

A lot of posters got permanent bans so can't, that dickhead Carlton bloke had his moment of power, shat everywhere and left. Even if you didn't like them they added a lot of energy and good vibes as well as pissing a few off. Dard, Mowman and George provided a lot of the energy on here. They might not have been everyone's cup of tea but the forum is a bit like watching daytime telly with your gran while she recounts the old days without them.
The handling of it was poor on both sides IMHO but I'm guessing the banter is not what brought the uber mods attention. And yes the forum has lost some zing and it would've been much better that Mowie, Dard and George had just stuck around instead, but it's over now. Tea and iced vovo biscuits is all that's on the menu.

Tea and iced vovo biscuits is all that's on the menu.
SD.....if you make it a flat white....one sugar....and iced vovo biscuits........I'm in !!!!!

To my immense surprise....iced vovo's are "still a thing"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back