Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 7, last 24th June)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 90.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro is spot on though.

Young players need good, experienced players around them to develop. Not Jack Madgen and a bunch of amateur top-ups.

Curtin would have learnt more in a half of AFL than a season in the SANFL.
Nothing wrong with Madgen, the problem is that he’s the only one we have of that nature. Should be able to entice players that are recently delisted and looking to get back on an AFL list.

He’ll be in Adelaide soon actually I think he’s in town tonight
Yes, he's in town this weekend for the Norwood vs Port game (and the associated anniversary of the 1984 Premiership team).

The first part of that interview was shown last night with that reason as to why he's here. Tonight's snippet was a tasty bonus though!

The AFL does agree that under the current setup that both SA clubs are not getting the same development benefits in the sanfl that other clubs are getting in the VFL or even WAFL
Excuses and letting the clubs shit development off of the hook. Remember it’s the clubs decision to play draftees out of position when they play AFL, not the SANFL.

Neil Balme on the news saying he would take a call from the Crows but not in a full time capacity. It’s a start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we don’t do that we are ****ing idiots.

I’d put him on the board as football director if he wanted to, that’s not full time or even on the board in other capacity but helping to consult.

Yes, he's in town this weekend for the Norwood vs Port game (and the associated anniversary of the 1984 Premiership team).

The first part of that interview was shown last night with that reason as to why he's here. Tonight's snippet was a tasty bonus though!
Such an iconic game

Tim and Craig going toe to toe before the siren

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuses and letting the clubs shit development off of the hook. Remember it’s the clubs decision to play draftees out of position when they play AFL, not the SANFL.
It's more about the experience around them and not being able to get better top up players (e.g. recent AFL delistees). That's been an issue with it from day one.

Just on the Burns rumours.

I think any club would look at his position and start to consider other options

Especially if the other rumours of assistants wanting the senior assistant label are true.

If the club was continually getting knocked back because I stubbornly supported Burns I would question his value
The company I work for seems to have figured out the solution for this with at least 10% of the office being 'directors'.

Why don't we just have 5 senior assistant coaches if that's what it takes?!

Given our discussions with him in 2021, I reckon he has a fairly clear idea of what he's getting into haha. He appears to like a challenge!
Could I suggest ....Balme will report to Silvers, and not Adam Kelly .....he should overview the footy dept, and he can't do that reporting to Kelly

It will make Kelly uncomfortable .....good

Back