Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 7, last 24th June)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 90.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame Brayden Preuss never really made a good club choice, he was always very good as a number 1 ruck when given the opportunity.

Just never really had the chance and never actually picked a club who needed him as number 1. His time's passed him now.
I wanted us to get him a while back. The dude is made of glass though. Injury prone and just recently did his hammy running out onto the training track.

I want to see someone show one of robs hit outs to advantage.
Not just where he bashes and crashes and our mids just happen to get to the ball first.
I suspect that’s what makes up most of his hit outs.
He has no ruck craft.
The same staistician's at Wheelo do the HTA's for Gawn,Goldstein, Marshall, McInerny etc are you suggesting they apply different methods for ROB compared to the other Rucks?

I got news for ya in that regard....of course they don't.

That stats site is good Mutineer, has that been around a while? I didn't realise all those more detailed stats (e.g. scoring sources for teams) were available outside of paying for Champion Data content
Yes a friend put me onto it a while back, best one available gratis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take it. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Remove everyone other than Nicks this year.
Nicks next year when he inevitably fails.
Ultimately it’s probably the best way to avoid a complete PR disaster after the incredibly premature re-signing

Give Nicks a year (or less) with some competent assistant coaches and see if the selection policy/match day tactics improve, if they don’t then sacking him with one year to go on his deal isn’t a terrible result

Who else is OOC? Pittonet has fallen behind De Koning at Carlton and they are never likely to play 2 rucks given they’ve got McKay for that. I think he’s in contract, but could offer number one ruck role here and better money?
I’d take him as a stop gap if ROB leaves and there’s no relatively AFL-ready young ruck willing to come, I guess

Back