Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I know it's been done, but I wonder how common it is. It's stated like it's done every year, but that hasn't been my recollection.

It happens every year there's a high end academy kid.

• Brisbane needing to trade out this year.
  • GC needing to trade out last year.
  • WBD needing to trade out the Uglehagan year.

if saints get soldo why not throw a huge offer at rowan marshall

what about
marshall, phillipou for F1, Butts, ROB
Stay Mad GIF

LOL .....nothing about trash talking, nothing about stifling outgoing players .....you simply exaggerated a player being told not to celebrate when the teams losing, and adding a truckload of mayo

No Coach wants an individual to celebrate a goal, when the teams losing .....sheesh !

Care to explain our constant ignoring of any players with anything but spotless skin and behavioural records?

You might be right about this, but it is ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that we never have the best playing list as we are looking for 'good people' over good players.

Care to explain our constant ignoring of any players with anything but spotless skin and behavioural records?

You might be right about this, but it is ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that we never have the best playing list as we are looking for 'good people' over good players.
That's a fair assessment ....was a factor with Stengle ....stopped us getting Dusty Martin

I've always been a fan of having one bad boy in the team .....it was a fervent belief of Sheedy, to this very day

Apologies for an attempted humoured post.
I missed it then didnt care - different things
Back to discussing how we robbed with 'Keays not hitting the post last year' for 10 more pages in this thread.
Sure spot a post of mine where I argue for or against on this

Richmond were shopping Martin around years before that tho, no takers.
Correct ....we said no early ....only team remotely interested was GWS ....and they ultimately backed out of any Martin discussions

That's a fair assessment ....was a factor with Stengle ....stopped us getting Dusty Martin

I've always been a fan of having one bad boy in the team .....it was a fervent belief of Sheedy, to this very day

We give up on Stengle and he goes on to be All-Australian. Perfect example.
We have never invested in anyone even close to the line, let alone beyond it.

Someone like Dustin Martin or Toby Greene we will never recruit or target and its an amateur way of operating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone like Dustin Martin or Toby Greene we will never recruit or target and its an amateur way of operating.
Well we did offer him a way back, he just didn't take it.

We didn’t give up on Stengel

We wanted to add behavioural clauses in his new contract which he rejected

Geelong offered a deal with not behavioural clauses so he departed

If there was no rival offer, he would have stayed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We didn’t give up on Stengel

We wanted to add behavioural clauses in his new contract which he rejected

Geelong offered a deal with not behavioural clauses so he departed

If there was no rival offer, he would have stayed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Geelong's masterstroke was getting Betts on the books for a couple of seasons to help settle him in

And sometimes when people fallout with their employer or are jaded they just need a fresh start

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. If we swap 25 for ANB and Dodson is there at that pick, I’d never forgive the club.

All this talk about being aggressive and we trade out a decent pick in an amazing draft for a 29 year old role player.

Great.
I've said this before with a draft like this and an older bloke like ANB at 29 his real value is a late 3rd to early 4th rounder. If they use 25 they're totally stupid and inept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back