Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

He absolutely does not. Got told this from someone inside clubland that would know, Twomey calls all clubs frequently trying to get info on drafting/trades, to the point it happens so often (and is just plain annoying) that they usually ignore him.
Interesting. I assumed he did, based on him running a lot of pieces on Port Adelaide players and is usually the one to break info relating to their trades (eg Houston stories through the year). Speaks to Chris Davies a lot, gone to PA training camps, etc.

Could also be agent-driven rather than club-driven.

Interesting. I assumed he did, based on him running a lot of pieces on Port Adelaide players and is usually the one to break info relating to their trades (eg Houston stories through the year). Speaks to Chris Davies a lot, gone to PA training camps, etc.

Could also be agent-driven rather than club-driven.
A lot of the rumours from these journos usually come from the agents after clubs/players give them nothing. At a guess, 80% of these rumours come from agents, 15% from players family and friends and 5% from clubs. I thought it was obvious that the Houston trade talk came from his camp, not Port.

If he does get stuff from Chris Davies though, that would seem to be drying up very soon.

What are you suggesting we use to trade up?

Pick 42 won't excite too many clubs into downgrading their 1st round picks?

2025 1st round pick in play?
Just do whatever a competent club would do

Teams trade up. It's not some weird suicide mission we'd be embarking on. We wouldn't be the only club in history to have traded up.

Oh, so you've got my entire posting history memorised. Good work!
LOL .....nothing about trash talking, nothing about stifling outgoing players .....you simply exaggerated a player being told not to celebrate when the teams losing, and adding a truckload of mayo

No Coach wants an individual to celebrate a goal, when the teams losing .....sheesh !

Just do whatever a competent club would do

Teams trade up. It's not some weird suicide mission we'd be embarking on. We wouldn't be the only club in history to have traded up.
This is not an easy draft to trade up into the 1st round unless you're going to be offering big overs., just listen to Cal Twomey on Gettable this morning.

LOL .....nothing about trash talking, nothing about stifling outgoing players .....you simply exaggerated a player being told not to celebrate when the teams losing, and adding a truckload of mayo

No Coach wants an individual to celebrate a goal, when the teams losing .....sheesh !
You believe what you want, you're just gonna keep find excuse after excuse, so there's not much point in engaging at this point.

This is not an easy draft to trade up into the 1st round unless you're going to be offering big overs., just listen to Cal Twomey on Gettable this morning.
Draft picks are precious this year? So no way we'd be giving away 25?

As for us, pay what it costs. If we rate him and acknowledge that we have a weakness in ruck then do it. If that means trading out our F1 for a F2 then so be it.

Don't do it because it might be expensive...? A good way to stay ordinary imho.

Very good chance Dodson is top 20, he is moving up the draft boards very fast
My son plays with Alex Dodson, the last conversation I had was his interest seems to be strongest with North Melbourne. Ill be curious where he lands & if he bolts up the order or not.

Only concern is he will take a few years to develop and this is a deep draft of powerful runners.

My son plays with Alex Dodson, the last conversation I had was his interest seems to be strongest with North Melbourne. Ill be curious where he lands & if he bolts up the order or not.

Only concern is he will take a few years to develop and this is a deep draft of powerful runners.
Not the greatest endorsement for how they see Goad developing if they're already looking at another ruck to take in the top 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely this

We think the Crows are the worse with Draft Picks .....but if you do a comparison to other AFL Clubs, we stack up pretty well

Really? So it must be something else that makes us so unsuccessful. Wonder what it could be?

We get good players in the draft.
We are great developers of talent.
We are great traders.
We have a great coaching unit.
We have a great administration.
And yet we have 1 losing grand final in the last 26 years.

Must be those pesky Victorians doing voodoo on us!!

The last thing it could be is anything to do with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back