Autopsy 2024 Rd 8 Disappointing loss for Blues

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was the setup at that stoppage in defensive 50

Most players needed to setup up defensive side of the stoppage, facing our goals.

We win it, our eyes are already upfield for the next outlet

They win it, they are at least 50 metres from goals, needing to kick long or find an outlet backward
We have had a good run with close games. But it will always average out.

We made mistakes.

Our best footy will be good enough I'm confident.

Surely you are joking about wanting Kemp in instead of Cincotta last week. Cincotta played on Bobby Hill and and kept him to 8 touches and one goal. You genuinely wouldn't play Kemp on Bobby Hill would you?
Yeah when you put it like that (keeping Hill to 8 and a goal) maybe I was a tad harsh. I do like him and his efforts, his kicking and his never give up attitude. BUT he IS slow (well comparatively for a game that's reaching ridiculous tempo), maybe he will get more of a feel for it if he stays in the side. It's his awareness/reaction time mostly.

On Cinc for Kemp, I didn't say that Cinc didn't earn a spot, more that Kemp should not have been dropped.
Would have preferred Fantasia go out for Cinc, but then there's the like for like decision.

Cannot agree more on all of the above.

- Cincotta is just not AFL level. Playing well in the VFL the week before as a mid I thought he may come in as a sub but Kemp shouldn’t have been dropped.​
- Fantasia: Vossy needs to get his buddy out of the side and stop playing favourites. It’s actually very noticeable based on Fantasias form, and if Vossy is going to make a statement with Kemp then he must drop Fantasia. The experiment is over, he is cooked and should be depth only.​
- Kennedy, I suspect his comments about himself on SEN earlier in the week earned him a sub spot (said he was ‘ Lazy’ about himself in a half joking way, but I didn’t like it at the time, needs to think more about the message that sends)​
- Ollie def needed a rest (hope it isn’t playing with his brother that has affected his form - this was my concern when we recruited Elijah and Ollie hasn’t been himself since) but Cuners needed to do more to earn that spot.​
Maybe Ollie comes in for Fantasia and Cuners gets another chance to regain form this week?​
Never been happier to have my comments rammed back down my throat by a player. Cincotta def crucial last night and showed he is AFL level. Great game and took the heat well. Keep it up!

Back