Autopsy 2024 Rd 8 Disappointing loss for Blues

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not defending the performance against the Pies I just think our biggest issue was ball movement out of the back half. We dominated clearances against Geelong and so we were able to generate i50s at ease without it. Against the Pies our midfield underperformed and we barely broke even in clearances. So we were more reliant on generating i50s from our back half imo.

That's right, we were more reliant on generating from the back half because the midfield underperformed. Even look at the last goal from Daicos - Walsh runs with him then ball watches, Cottrell fumbles, Cerra fumbles, Daicos runs through with Walsh 5 meters behind him, clean pick up and snaps a goal.

And I agree on your last point - hopefully this was an outlier performance regarding our pressure and intensity. Will need to be at our best in that area against the Dees

Yep. We're going to find out about this group's resolve. If we're going to be defined by the pressure we apply, then we must bring it.

Selection cost us big time.......

Fantasia should be VFL ONLY.

Cinc for Kemp was just wrong.

Kennedy as sub ........Had more impact in last quarter than plenty for whole game.

Ollie will be back this weel also, Cunners did very little and made some bad errors.
Agree on all except Cinc.

What did he do poorly?

I must have missed it because I thought he played his role.

Selection cost us big time.......

Fantasia should be VFL ONLY.

Cinc for Kemp was just wrong.

Kennedy as sub ........Had more impact in last quarter than plenty for whole game.

Ollie will be back this weel also, Cunners did very little and made some bad errors.

Had 3 goal assists, wouldn't call that very little especially after being out for as long as he was. Needs a block of games, just like Cerra.

Not sure what outlet it was through, but I saw a headline somewhere of Dane swan saying “Carlton are our little b*****s” 🙄
Can’t wait until we play them next time to hopefully rectify the smugness

Not sure what outlet it was through, but I saw a headline somewhere of Dane swan saying “Carlton are our little b*****s” 🙄
Oh yeh they’re super smug…we’ll get em

Always a flog that bloke, can't say I'm surprised. Perfect match for the Filth though.

I read that and it was pretty annoying to be honest. I really hope that next time around the Daddy Daicos “up yours” from the corpy box and flog Dane’s comment are shared frequently in the lead up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's on his Twitter.

I blocked that muppet a few years ago but saw someone RT the tweet in my timeline.

What a FLOG! :sick:

Carlton may end up going further than the pies this year but one thing will always be certain - they’ll always be our little bitch. Once again they just rolled over and let us pet their belly’s.

I read that and it was pretty annoying to be honest. I really hope that next time around the Daddy Daicos “up yours” from the corpy box and flog Dane’s comment are shared frequently in the lead up!

Honestly, I hated/salty when I saw it. But I love it at the same time. This what makes the rivalary between us and the filth so good cause we flame each other with the passion.

Coaches Votes:-

RND 8 - CARLTON v COLLINGWOOD

Nick Daicos (COLL)
4 Jack Crisp (COLL)
4 Harry McKay (CARL)
4 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
4 Sam Walsh (CARL)
Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
1 Darcy Moore (COLL)

I want to play them in finals and beat them.

With all respect it had more to do with losing Saad and McGov 'in game' that impacted the result rather than a 'mindset' (which wouldn't be a bad thing if you described it). That result really came down to two moments, 1/ Owies brain fade dribble kick, and 2/ Kemp and Williams inability to get out of each other's way in the back pocket. That's where we lost that game.
An abysmal first quarter is where we lost the Geelong game.
An inability to stop Nacois in the last minute at a stoppage in which we won but fumbled, cost us Friday night.
Games of "moments"

I'm going to respectfully disagree. We should've put the screws on Adelaide from the first bounce. They got their tails up and made it a contest. Injuries and fumbles may have been some outcomes but we lack the killer instinct

We owed those ***** big time for last year's Gather Round disaster and (IMVHO) choked again. It was played at Marvel.
We are Adelaide's bunnies and now will be haunted by the 4 points we frittered away

That's my take and I won't be swayed on it

Back