Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

If you look at Carrol's time on ground I can definitely see cerra play with 60% game time . Whether the coaches are happy with 6 day break more than likely the deciding factor whether he play managed VFL like Cunningham did or low %AFL

We have made some HUGE steps forward but we need to keep on going. Big wins against poorer sides needs to be the next step in our progress. ANY side can win on its day so we need to do exactly what we did last week, attack the ball and the player and pressure pressure pressure. Do all that and we should be looking at a +60 point win easy !!!

Last edited:
Seems what's old is new again. Players coming back through the twos on reduced minutes, rather than straight into the ones.

About bloody time too, phys Ed team finally doing something to change the status quo. It’s a very positive change in my book

Training loads is nonsense compared to AFL level footy. Does seconds level footy guarantee not being reinjured? No it doesn’t, but what it does do is condition finely tuned athletes to the real rigours of competitive games in a less competitive competition than top level football

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Both sides completely different this time around. Weitering, Walsh, E. Hollands all playing this time for us, while Lynch, Grimes, Prestia, Lefau all not playing for them
feel for lefau, very unorthodox but was making a nice season before his injury. Prestia is one that's never fit so no surprises.

Lynch and Grimes are unlikeable players, one's a talented thug, the other a tough defender unless there's an opportunity to flop for a free

Cez to come back through the twos. Likely will only play a half.

Pitto only to play when TDK needs a rest. Which will be soon but not this week.
This makes me so happy. It really feels like we have evolved and matured as a club. Senior players getting rust off in the twos instead of being rushed back. Match committee being flexible with team structure to account for the changing game style across the league.

Seems what's old is new again. Players coming back through the twos on reduced minutes, rather than straight into the ones.
Horses for coarses I think

Cerra would normally be a walk up start, even off injury, but as this is his 2nd soft tissue to the same area this season gradually building up makes sense this time around.

What also plays a big part, if not the most substantial part, is that our mids are humming and we don't really have a spot in need right now, the current rotation is very effective and fitting Cerra in is almost a bit of a headache. We brought Saad and McGov right back in as it was clear the backline was in need of them, we don't really have the need for Cerra right now, he's just a bit of cream.

Cerra would normally be a walk up start, even off injury, but as this is his 2nd soft tissue to the same area this season gradually building up makes sense this time around.

What also plays a big part, if not the most substantial part, is that our mids are humming and we don't really have a spot in need right now, the current rotation is very effective and fitting Cerra in is almost a bit of a headache. We brought Saad and McGov right back in as it was clear the backline was in need of them, we don't really have the need for Cerra right now, he's just a bit of cream.
dollop cream

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also think that now there are the teams from the Northern states in the comp there are less byes which makes it easier to ease players back in via the magoos

Would really like to put these turds to the sword - and for Bolton to be shown plenty of ball as he trudges off.
Yep - as for Bolton the team has got bigger fish to fry. Maybe we can pick up the slack tho - all supporters going to the game can bring a ball and wave it around as he walks off, kind of like WCE supporters and their jackets with *

Remove this Banner Ad

Back