Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

I reckon Walsh is worse , watched him on the couch and he didn’t even answer the questions and looked so nervous , made me nervous…I understand why he is reluctant to go on podcasts and tv
Walsh spoke very well imo.

I personally think it is about us AND the opposition. Tagging Butters was about the opposition. A very important step in us restraining Port's current talisman.

It's high time we did this as it happens to Cripps ALL the time. They dont assign a tagger but they assign one of their midfield names as a negater for that specific match.

For Geelong that have Miers, Stewart and Cameron. We cant stop Cameron.

Rubbish. If Richmond's VFL side could contain him then absolutely we can.

Cincotta to either Holmes or Miers (probably Holmes). They are the two most dangerous Geelong players in open play, outside of Jeremy Cameron. The run and carry, and ball use of those two is what makes Geelong a dangerous team.

Makes sense to have Holmes too, as the same logic applied to Touk Miller and Zach Merrett can be applied. Fog, Williams and Kennedy can keep Stewart accountable, and Danger can be a non entity outside of stoppages these days, so the midfield just has to be accountable, and we should be fine there

Seems a little strange we play Geelong twice before we have yet to play a few others but that seems to be how the fixture is put together these days.

I didnt get to see the first game as i was aboard the Royal Princess in transit to Japan, however i did see some scores and i think we were 2.8 at one stage in the first quarter. Hopefully we will see a more accurate start on Friday night.

Not too worried about Dangerfield and Hawkins back in Geelong's side as i think we have them covered. I expect it will be a closely contested game and the Blues to be 16 points up at the final siren.

Go Blues.:thumbsu:
Yes, and they kicked the lights out.

Let's make it an elephants graveyard in their forward line for Hawkins and Danger

Love Walshy but must say his monotone delivery would grate after a while.

Will need some training if he wants to work in the media post-football.

Love how he often answers a question with 'Thanks Gaz', 'Thanks Brownie'.
TBH, I think hes doing extremely well in front of camera and would give the existing team on channel 7 a run for their money. He presents well and doesnt slur his words. the only repeated words he used was "thanks xxx" - pretty sure Mr and Mrs Walsh had a lot to do with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we're such a difference side since the last time we played, physically and mentally. cannot expect anything less than a good arm wrestle and us coming out on top in the 4th.

shutdown cameron and danger and we're guuuuuucci.

Must stop the influence of Cameron, Stewart, Holmes & Miers to beat Geelong.

Miers is sneaky good. Elite in so many areas. Gets up the ground and flies forward, creating a lot of their goal scoring opportunities. Would be a massive win to close him down.

I reckon CINCOTTA is the perfect matchup because he can shadow him down back and when he goes up the ground.

Not sure about the other three, but playing someone as a defensive forward on Stewart is a proven method to disrupt their game plan.

Just read that about Bruhn, Danger will have to spend most time in the midfield then

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's better for us. Whoever is on him needs to stretch him by running all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back