Autopsy 2024 Rd 12 Blues power to an impressive interstate win

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Power?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed.
With the exception of Sydney, our losses have been marginal and we could have won every game we've played in. When we've got a critical mass of our squad out there, we don't fear too many team.

Particularly love that our last two wins have shown our ability to put the foot down and win emphatically. The season is building!
Still struggling to let go of that Adelaide loss. The others were coulda woulda shoulda, against good teams at the time and we came off 2nd best. But that Adelaide loss was a sh*t loss.

Still struggling to let go of that Adelaide loss. The others were coulda woulda shoulda, against good teams at the time and we came off 2nd best. But that Adelaide loss was a sh*t loss.
We were quite unlucky too with Saad and Gov both having hamstring injuries on the day.

Which is sort of what happened last year.
I wouldn't be rushing all and sundry back bar Cerra and Martin. As a wise man once said. Don't f*ck with form.
I’d actually make Cerra and Martin come back through the 2s. Both have barely played over the last 3 months. We need them but they have to be match fit and have touch to ensure they contribute.

Last edited:
His job is to make space for our other forwards. And generally help them out. He does that. Maybe not enough, but he's improving. He is a smart forward.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah he was recruited to kick goals and provide leadership in the forward line, and he’s doing neither atm.
He was a very good player. And yes he can provide valuable feedback.
But I don’t want to see him in the 22 unless he’s genuinely earned his spot. He should be sub at the absolute most at the moment.

We were quite unlucky too with Saad and Gov both having hamstring injuries on the day.
And both were very good last night, but I think Brodie Kemp was very, very solid last night. The best part was Weiters didn’t have to carry our defence. They’ve really settled in the last 2 weeks.

Uhoh, you tagged JustaBattler again, he won't be happy
I'm sure I'll get the "Dn't tag em minow"

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched Elijahs interview at the airport.

Very mature, speaks well and has a spark in his eye with nice level of confidence - future leader !!
Just saw it and was incredibly impressed. Quickly becoming one of my favourites. Loving his move on ball. And it's odd because he doesn't really get any clearances but the eye test tells me he has improved that midfield. Might just be his ability to spread from the contest.

Last edited:
No, absolutely not. You are referring to one of the all time classic games between two powerhouses. Whilst good, this game wasn't even close to that.
I was at that game. It was a brilliant win.
Special Fried kicked that goal at the end I was viewing from. Had a perfect view of the whole lead and chase/failed rundown from McKenna.

As you say, that was two elite teams in their prime. West Coast were the reigning premiers, we were soon to take their title.
Some of the greatest players ever to play the game were on the field that day.

As much as I hate Port, last night's game doesn't come close to that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 12 Blues power to an impressive interstate win

Back