Votes: 21 6.4%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 52 15.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn't we ?? I guess you run the risk he plays for 2 years and then wants to bugger off back to Brisbane ??
They'll still match. He won't be playing for us regardless of whether we bid or not. It's just about whether we want to be the ones that make them pay fair value.

Ashcroft is probably the number one player in this draft. I think the only reason Richmond probably won't bid on him is because they prefer to have the number one pick instead of Brisbane matching and it being recorded as a Brisbane top pick.
I honestly don’t see it. Not as good as his brother, lot of nothing Tom Mitchell hawks era style touches

What I find more odd is Tigers fans wanting Lalor and FOS if they get 1&2. Surely if they get both picks (which I doubt they will) it makes sense to go the accumulator plus 1 higher risk / higher reward type, not 2 of the latter.

I don't find it odd. I think Lalor and FOS (bar Ashcroft) are probably the two best players in this draft.

Ashcroft is probably the number one player in this draft. I think the only reason Richmond probably won't bid on him is because they prefer to have the number one pick instead of Brisbane matching and it being recorded as a Brisbane top pick.
There's also a cash prize associated with it, and most clubs want the guy they end up with to get that.

Does anyone else also think there is a lot of over-hype about the Hawks trade period. Battle as a delisted free agent was a good get. However they’ve given up a future 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick for Barrass. If they’d picked up the Barrass of pre 2023, I reckon it’d be worth it, but the reality I think is that he hasn’t been the same since the horrific back/kneck injury he suffered in round 18, 2023. It’s a very significant injury:

I’m glad we didn’t target him, as I think he’s a massive risk!
Battle UFA vs DFA.
Got our F1 & F2 and gave up #14.
Solid in’s but hope they falter next year, dislike their cockiness.

There's also a cash prize associated with it, and most clubs want the guy they end up with to get that.
Plus, nice for supporters. They've just had to endure a terrible year (must've been hard having 1 bad year after enduring 3 flags). Exciting to have the number one pick and the media hype that comes with it.

As a general rule academy / father son bids normally occur at the bottom end of the range of where that player may have been picked. It's considered a pretty even top 4-5 this year, so I reckon his bid comes around pick 5.

Why would we take any deals for 3?

We spent a lot of capital to move up to it. We're not getting more back to move down.

Any offers in the top 4 will be going to North, who have pick #2 but want x-factor players and key position. They may take Lalor if Richmond don't but I doubt they take any of Smith, Draper, Langford, O'Sullivan, Smilie etc with McKercher, Sheezel, LDU, Powell already on their list, particularly with Caleb Daniel being brought across giving more midfield opportunity for McKercher. North are the one that may trade back down to #6 or #10 and #11.
I'm absolutely not advocating for trading it, just interested to see what's thrown at us for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiger nuffie board are adamant they will take Lalor and FOS if they have 1 and 2.

Saying we traded up for nothing!

Thanks for Jagga then guys 😂
Would love love love for them tot take Lalor and FOS. Take any risk of picking a project player from the Blues - get the kids that can just do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back