• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing that we are going to have these players for 12 (or so) years. I wouldn't be judging them through the lens of what we need today. Having said that, who stands out in terms of KPPs... both ends of the ground.

Let’s hope we are not scared to delist the dead wood/ injury prone & take 4-5 players.
It is going to take an incredible amount of fortitude to basically delist Martin, Marchbank and Cuningham, knowing that there will be vultures out there to pick them up for nicks as DFA’s. They will be DFAs, clubs know the requirements, they wil know we have to let them go.

It is going to take an incredible amount of fortitude to basically delist Martin, Marchbank and Cuningham, knowing that there will be vultures out there to pick them up for nicks as DFA’s. They will be DFAs, clubs know the requirements, they wil know we have to let them go.
On the flip side it may open up some list spots for a free agent type or from another team that can improve the list, particularly if they are actually on the park.

We all live in hope they can capture some durability but that seems highly unlikely.
Of the 3 Martin may get a 1 year deal, Marchbank may be moved to the rookie list to replace Durdin.

And other clubs may be in the position to take a risk on a perennially injured player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Draft 2024: All the standouts and stats from the WA v SA under-18 championships game

Western Australia’s rising crop. Carlton’s father-son guns. Tyler Welsh. The ruckman everyone’s talking about. All eyes were on Sunday’s under-18 national carnival game – here are all the standouts and exclusive stats.
HUN

Came across this site while looking for some info on Luke Urquhart

Can anyone share any insights on Urquhart? Where could he go in the draft? Is he someone who could be a good prospect for Carlton?

Edit: BTW, I hope Footy Stuff is heavily caffeinated. Good work here...

Last edited:
Came across this site while looking for some info on Luke Urquhart

Can anyone share any insights on Urquhart? Where could he go in the draft? Is he someone who could be a good prospect for Carlton?

Terrific athlete but thought his kicking made Dow look like a surgeon by comparison. It’s a no for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Terrific athlete but thought his kicking made Dow look like a surgeon by comparison. It’s a no for me.

Yeah he seems a bit of an athlete before footballer type imo too. Absolute beast around the ball and can kick it 60m on a set shot but don't think you'd be expecting surgical ball use from him. He is very explosive though and has good pace... I'd be pretty happy if we ended up with him as a later selection because I think he'd give us fantastic defensive strength around the ball but I can't imagine we'd go there given we already have Hewett, Cerra and Kennedy there and have Ben coming as a F/S. My guess is he falls somewhere between pick 20-40.

More pressing needs to address for us I think.

Charlie Nicholls from SA is one who's possibly be in our 1st round pick range (if the AFL don't **** us over). 197cm key position forward - kind of a cross between Charlie Curnow and John Nicholls ;)

Wouldn't mind me a new 'big Nick' at Carlton.

Charlie Nicholls from SA is one who's possibly be in our 1st round pick range (if the AFL don't **** us over). 197cm key position forward - kind of a cross between Charlie Curnow and John Nicholls ;)

Wouldn't mind me a new 'big Nick' at Carlton.

Looks very impressive! Good size, moves well, great hands, tidy kicking action. Certainly worth a watch.

After watching some more games and vision over the last week on Joe Berry I've come around to his ability to push further afield. Think he will end up a Rachele/Rankine mid/fwd type. May be available in that 12-15 bracket we'd be expecting us to try and push into ahead of a bid on Ben (If the AFL clowns down screw us)

Great defensive pressure and lovely natural smarts. Good left peg too.

The other one that caught my eye was Travaglia. Hasn't been as consistent as others this year but he showed what he's capable of in full flight and I thought he was bloody awesome.

Projects as a bit of a Jack Crisp, Lizard Blakey or even Will Day type. Think Cowan, Wilson, Travaglia, Boyd would be our HBF's sorted for the next generation. Or best case a few of them end up pushing into the guts to give us a bit more speed and class.

After watching some more games and vision over the last week on Joe Berry I've come around to his ability to push further afield. Think he will end up a Rachele/Rankine mid/fwd type. May be available in that 12-15 bracket we'd be expecting us to try and push into ahead of a bid on Ben (If the AFL clowns down screw us)

Yeah, I like him. He actually reminds me a little of Nathan Brown. Not saying he’ll necessarily reach those heights but he’s clever, quick, agile and likes kicking a goal.

I’m always a fan of picking small forwards who love kicking goals rather than trying to convert a midfielder into a forward. The instincts matter.

The other one that caught my eye was Travaglia. Hasn't been as consistent as others this year but he showed what he's capable of in full flight and I thought he was bloody awesome.

Projects as a bit of a Jack Crisp, Lizard Blakey or even Will Day type. Think Cowan, Wilson, Travaglia, Boyd would be our HBF's sorted for the next generation. Or best case a few of them end up pushing into the guts to give us a bit more speed and class.

Travaglia looks really impressive. So clean and smart. Class above most players out there.

Is he a defender or does he have athletic profile to play midfield at afl level. Not sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Berry looks pretty good. Has some real zip. Looks like he really knows his role and is good at it. With the possibility we look at a medium small forward with our first pick lm keeping an eye on players like Berry and kako.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back