Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just purely from watching noobermensch's fantastic highlights videos, I currently prefer an O'Sullivan or even a Draper over Smillie.

Don't get me wrong, Smillie can look great at times, has gotten great numbers in recent games and has the size of course, but how many more unaccountable midfielders (or ones that will try but still end up trailing their man by 20 metres when running back defensively anyway) can we accommodate for?

The most important team trait in today's football imo is pressure, and the team that can apply that to an elite level consistently, is the team that is more likely to come out on top. Find me someone who of course is talented, but also doesn't compromise our team pressure and preferably can contribute to it and I'll be a happy camper.

Smillie at the moment, reminds me of Curtin from last year or Bont but with less skill/class. Of course he could develop into a star but still not convinced just yet. O'Sullivan is the safer bet, and when you add him to a midfield of LDU, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Powell, McKercher, etc. we should be laughing when they all hit their peak.

Also echo Souup's sentiment of wanting Trainor and Kako, would love them both but yeah no idea how we would be able to manufacture that outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back