Position 2024 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

What are people doing with Oliver?

HOLD and hope he improves?

Or TRADE him out?
Really depends on each individuals situation.

I've got 8 trades left and too many yoyo plodders in my team as it is so I'm punting him.

Prior to last week, his form was OK for an M8/M9 but that performance against North was unforgiveable.

The piggy train has derailed. The next best time to jump off is now though.
View attachment 2031521

1719459737180.png

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Bailed on Piggy Oliver a fortnight ago to Woah Errol. At the time it cost $62k, today would cost $165k.

I Feel Amazing India GIF by America's Next Top Model's Next Top Model

It’s good for your mental health to not be relying on Piggy this year.

I did the same thing, I'm still stuck with Touk though and I don't have enough trades left to upgrade him to a proper premo mid.

Do we think piggy will get back to his best?
One of the best mids when up and about.
Is it more than just preseason and nose beers.? 🍻
Certainly not this year. So, so far off the pace at the moment.

He should improve next year, but I have doubts about him reaching the level of years past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't tell if picking up JHF was a success or not. $434k for a 97 average.

Trading him out at his bye when he was $546k was the play, but I couldn't trade out a bloke with a 4-rd-avg of 111, when I had other issues to fix.

Let's see what he does against the Saints at Marvel this weekend, but I think I'll be luxury upgrading him.

Only 51% CBAs last round. I wonder if he's a chance at FWD DPP in a few weeks.

Anybody planning on holding him at M8?

I have Jackson at F7. I think I can loop Jackson and JHF by moving Flanders/Heeney/Zorko between MID/FWD. I wonder if that's the play...

I have Jackson at F7. I think I can loop Jackson and JHF by moving Flanders/Heeney/Zorko between MID/FWD. I wonder if that's the play...
There you go ;)

In answer to whether or not a 97 average is ok for $434k, it absolutely is ok. 6 tons, 2 90’s and 3 80’s is perfectly reasonable imo.

JHF + $60-$70k gets you a Serong/Butters type though, which from memory you are yet to obtain?

Breakeven of 140 this week.

There you go ;)

In answer to whether or not a 97 average is ok for $434k, it absolutely is ok. 6 tons, 2 90’s and 3 80’s is perfectly reasonable imo.

JHF + $60-$70k gets you a Serong/Butters type though, which from memory you are yet to obtain?

Breakeven of 140 this week.
Got Serong.

5 trades left, only $6k itb. Might 1 down/1 up and turn him into the best of the best.

High BE isn't ideal, but we'll reassess next week.

Got Serong.
No need to brag mate, I’m already jealous enough of Serong/Butters owners.
5 trades left, only $6k itb. Might 1 down/1 up and turn him into the best of the best.

High BE isn't ideal, but we'll reassess next week.
Sounds like a good plan.

He may come out and surprise you with a 120.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back