2024 Membership - New record!

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else take the free upgrade to gold (lvl 2 seat) with a digital membership?

Haven't managed to go to a live game yet this season but is anyone able to help me with how it works with seat selection? I've looked in the app and it doesn't seem to have a designated seat on the ticket. Do you just rock up to a certain area and choose any seat?
Try going to Ticketmaster and enter your members barcode and you can “choose” your seat.

When I say choose I mean Ticketmaster will offer you crap seats and save the good ones for people that are happy to pay a stupid price for them.

Best to get what it offers and then go and sit in the best vacant seats on the night.

Sounds good in principle but it all comes down to how many el cheapo type memberships each club has, as a proportion of total membership. And we never find that out.

I'm not complaining. I'm glad the signs are positive. We're a million miles from the Fightback era and the mid-90s and we should give credit to 30 years of responsible administration under three different Presidents for that.

I just don't think we ever get to see genuine apples v apples comparisons. Certainly not club to club, but perhaps not even year to year within one club.

Happy to accept the warm fuzzies and move on.
The ship to become a "big" club has sailed, that passed by in the 70s with the rise of television. And so what, doesn’t mean we can’t become a strong club.

Try going to Ticketmaster and enter your members barcode and you can “choose” your seat.

When I say choose I mean Ticketmaster will offer you crap seats and save the good ones for people that are happy to pay a stupid price for them.

Best to get what it offers and then go and sit in the best vacant seats on the night.
awesome, thanks man

Correct.

Its not translating to bums on seats.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Acting like we didn’t just host the biggest crowd at Marvel in over a decade.

“Oh but it was all Essendon”. I’ll say that sentence for you. There’s been a billion other combinations of teams playing that could’ve gotten 50k but didn’t.

Imagine how good our membership and attendance numbers would be if we weren’t constant underachievers.

Acting like we didn’t just host the biggest crowd at Marvel in over a decade.

“Oh but it was all Essendon”. I’ll say that sentence for you. There’s been a billion other combinations of teams playing that could’ve gotten 50k but didn’t.

Imagine how good our membership and attendance numbers would be if we weren’t constant underachievers.

It worked because of our normal reserve membership at Marvel and the Bombers away, where Collingwood home will have a lot of no shows trying to fit there membership base there as it wasn’t ticketed.

It worked because of our normal reserve membership at Marvel and the Bombers away, where Collingwood home will have a lot of no shows trying to fit there membership base there as it wasn’t ticketed.
Nothing more frustrating than when you can't get a ticket to the game, end up with standing room and there's only 43k there.

If you definitely aren't going and have a reserved seat, there should be an option to put it back into the ticket pool.

Nothing more frustrating than when you can't get a ticket to the game, end up with standing room and there's only 43k there.

If you definitely aren't going and have a reserved seat, there should be an option to put it back into the ticket pool.
I think there is. Contact the club and ask. My sister has a reserved seat and she got an email asking if she was going to the Collingwood game and if not the club would give her a part refund and something else, I forget what, if she let them sell the seat for that game.

She didn't as she didn't want to do that to her friends, other Dogs supporters, that she sits with :D. They had an oppo fan sitting behind them the week before in a reserved Bulldog seat and he was a PITA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there is. Contact the club and ask. My sister has a reserved seat and she got an email asking if she was going to the Collingwood game and if not the club would give her a part refund and something else, I forget what, if she let them sell the seat for that game.

She didn't as she didn't want to do that to her friends, other Dogs supporters, that she sits with :D. They had an oppo fan sitting behind them the week before in a reserved Bulldog seat and he was a PITA.
Exactly why we don't let the club do that with our tickets when we miss.

Just ordered our tickets for Saturday's match. Hopefully we'll have a win this year for my only game of the season. Last year we went to the West Coast match.

My friend had not been to a match in 60 years last year. She was impressed by all of the lights and sounds. It's too bad it was such a disappointing result. This year she's promised not to ask so many questions.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just ordered our tickets for Saturday's match. Hopefully we'll have a win this year for my only game of the season. Last year we went to the West Coast match.

My friend had not been to a match in 60 years last year. She was impressed by all of the lights and sounds. It's too bad it was such a disappointing result. This year she's promised not to ask so many questions.

Great. Where are you sitting

Great. Where are you sitting
We just have GA tickets like we did last year. I'm probably going to have my transport/walker hybrid with me or else get a Customer Service wheelchair there to get me to our seats like last year. I was able to keep my rollator walker with me last year, behind our seats in the last row on Level 1. Can't remember the aisle. Hope to do the same this year because of the small crowd. If not, we'll have to find something on Level 3.

We just have GA tickets like we did last year. I'm probably going to have my transport/walker hybrid with me or else get a Customer Service wheelchair there to get me to our seats like last year. I was able to keep my rollator walker with me last year, behind our seats in the last row on Level 1. Can't remember the aisle. Hope to do the same this year because of the small crowd. If not, we'll have to find something on Level 3.

Screenshot_20240613_161817_Chrome.jpg

What do we think about the club selling vacant seats to opposition fans?

I am Gold member with level 2 seats at Marvel and we go every match at Marvel, but we always get opposition fans around us every week, it does not fell like a member'a area at all.

It was really bad against Brisbane with 3 drunken slobs right next to us.

I asked the club to move us to Level 1 near the race to be with some beautiful Bulldog fans but they can't, "The ticket map is locked" but there are lots of seats available in that area on Ticketmaster! You just have to pay $60+.

Whats going on?

I am Gold member with level 2 seats at Marvel and we go every match at Marvel, but we always get opposition fans around us every week, it does not fell like a member'a area at all.

I asked the club to move us to Level 1 near the race to be with some beautiful Bulldog fans but they can't, "The ticket map is locked" but there are lots of seats available in that area on Ticketmaster! You just have to pay $60+.

Whats going on?
I joined a coterie group to move away from level 2 gold for this very reason. Significantly devalues a premium membership so really dislike this option

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whats going on?

I loath it, that’s one of the reasons I won’t sell my seats back to them for a disgraceful $10. Unfortunately there’s a lot of spare seats around us so we always have them near us. We’re also only two rows from the back so the ones who lean over the fence shit stirring are right there too. I’m gunna try to move a few bays across next year where there’s more Dog’s members.

On the other hand it doesn’t matter that much when after 3/4 qtr time the attendants leave and the opposition swarm in, especially when we’re losing. Which feels pretty much like most home matches recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Membership - New record!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back