Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Huswaite, ward, finn, ramsden. Probably one of them. Can’t see the dogs wanting finn or ramsden so probably huswaite/ward if ka norkers is being truthful. small chance of morrison(out of contract though) bennets or wingard
Haha they’re not getting Ward/Hustwaite plus our 1st rounder- they’d be lucky to get just the 1st really

If we bring in a quality starter by using a depth option to help facilitate the deal, then I suppose our depth has improved overall.

The starter pushes someone else out of the side, making that player become a depth option.

The question is could we afford to lose depth in certain areas if the player we are bringing in plays elsewhere.

If we bring in a quality starter by using a depth option to help facilitate the deal, then I suppose our depth has improved overall.

The starter pushes someone else out of the side, making that player become a depth option.

The question is could we afford to lose depth in certain areas if the player we are bringing in plays elsewhere.
The problem I see with trading ‘depth’ out too early is that if that ‘depth’ we trade out comes good we’ve lost it. But I guess that depends on what we are considering as ‘depth’ in this stage of the rebuild? Ward is not depth, he’s developing, HH is developing, Serong is developing, Ramsden is developing, the only real depth is probably Wingard and Morrison and the Dogs were well into Wingard around the same time we got him.

The problem I see with trading ‘depth’ out too early is that if that ‘depth’ we trade out comes good we’ve lost it. But I guess that depends on what we are considering as ‘depth’ in this stage of the rebuild? Ward is not depth, he’s developing, HH is developing, Serong is developing, Ramsden is developing, the only real depth is probably Wingard and Morrison and the Dogs were well into Wingard around the same time we got him.

I suppose that's only really an issue if the player we are bringing in is older and has a short self life.

Smith is young enough to contribute to the success of the side for years to come. Say we bring him into the side then suddenly someone like Mackenzie is squeezed out and becomes a depth option, whilst still developing.

Someone like Hustwaite is behind several players in the pecking order, and it isn't a guarantee that he would develop into a player comparable to Smith. I imagine a hard call or two will need to be made at the end of the season if we are going to land Smith.

They’d be after someone who would be best 22 for them, and there’s a few at BH excluding the obvious keepers in Watson, Ward, McCabe, and HH. Serong is the obvious, but DGB, Phillips, Chad, and Morrison all walk in to their 22 next year.

Serong, Phillips, and DGB are currently competing for spots behind Frost, Sis, and Scrim with Blanck coming back too and McCabe obviously staying. That’s 8 tall defenders, with more likely being trading in over the next two years.

If we have to let our 6th-8th tall defender go to bring Smith in, we do that.

They’d be after someone who would be best 22 for them, and there’s a few at BH excluding the obvious keepers in Watson, Ward, McCabe, and HH. Serong is the obvious, but DGB, Phillips, Chad, and Morrison all walk in to their 22 next year.

Serong, Phillips, and DGB are currently competing for spots behind Frost, Sis, and Scrim with Blanck coming back too and McCabe obviously staying. That’s 8 tall defenders, with more likely being trading in over the next two years.

If we have to let our 6th-8th tall defender go to bring Smith in, we do that.
None of those players walk into the dogs 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’d be aiming high, DGB or Ward I reckon, fills a need.

I could live with Serong or HH going as alternatives, they are likely behind a few and we have some coverage.

Ultimately our bargaining position is strong if baz nominates us.

They’d be aiming high, DGB or Ward I reckon, fills a need.

I could live with Serong or HH going as alternatives, they are likely behind a few and we have some coverage.

Ultimately our bargaining position is strong if baz nominates us.
They'd only consider DBG if Busslinger requested a trade back home.

Personally, he is worth $800k to our List. Offers or enhances flexibility AND depth in the List.

Who in our best 23 is Perryman replacing?

How good is this. The on field product is one thing but if I was a pending free agent seeing this stuff I’d be wanting to get onboard for sure. They all look like they’re enjoying themselves on field and off too.

View attachment 2014419

Having fun and being paid **** loads is kinda the lottery. They know they will be playing finals soon.

If we bring who we want this off season with Smith, Battle and Perryman who’s spot do they take in the side.

If we bring who we want this off season with Smith, Battle and Perryman who’s spot do they take in the side.
Assuming everyone fit, which never happens, maybe something like this:

FB: Sicily Frost Impey

HBF: Scrim Battle Weddle

MID: Amon Worpel Smith

HFF: Moore Chol Ginnivan

FF: Watson Lewis Hardwick

FOL: Meek Day Newcombe

Int: Mackenzie Perryman Dear McDonald Dambrosio

Emg: Ward Nash CJ

Assuming everyone fit, which never happens, maybe something like this:

FB: Sicily Frost Impey

HBF: Scrim Battle Weddle

MID: Amon Worpel Smith

HFF: Moore Chol Ginnivan

FF: Watson Lewis Hardwick

FOL: Meek Day Newcombe

Int: Mackenzie Perryman Dear McDonald Dambrosio

Emg: Ward Nash CJ
I reckon it’ll be Nash swapping with either Mackenzie or Dear and that’s all tbh

I hope we try to get LDU out of North next year as a FA I know saints are into him but hopefully we are also.

Loll Norf to offer Elliot Yeo 3 years on big money.

The 7 figures over six years for Battle is Norths offer. Not sure what we are stumping up for Battle.

Saints posters pretty resigned to the fact he's gone and most feel it's Hawks bound.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back