Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyon might get you to finals. He might even win a game or 2, but Lyon will never be a premiership coach, the good sides will find a way out of his strangulation game plan. All of his sides have never been enjoyable to watch.

Josh Battle welcome to Hawthorn where your skills will be much more valued and appreciated rather than being forced to suppress your natural instincts by being boring
I recommend Saints change their club song:

Correct. He wants Hawthorn. You get it done.

I wouldn’t overpay for Battle… He’s versatile and dependable but a million buck player he ain’t.. easy to say we have the money but the boys we’ve got running amok at present will need some serious coin in the not too distant future..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Speculation a seven figure offer is on the table… maybe that’s the shinbeggars throw at the stumps. I’d hope hawthorn doesn’t stump up that sort of money for Battle..

He would be close to that, as an UFA. If Ben McKay could garner 800k offers. a spud like Ratagola getting offers of 7+ years on 700k offers last year. Battle is a much better player and prospect than either of them

Speculation a seven figure offer is on the table… maybe that’s the shinbeggars throw at the stumps. I’d hope hawthorn doesn’t stump up that sort of money for Battle..

Based on the reaction here after we offered McKay (who is a legitimate KPD) a large contract, I imagine this place will be in uproar if we are offering Battle over 800k.

He would be close to that, as an UFA. If Ben McKay could garner 800k offers. a spud like Ratagola getting offers of 7+ years on 700k offers last year. Battle is a much better player and prospect than either of them

No he is not re McKay. Rat though, absolutely.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not as confident the Hawks will get Battle as Smith, who is coming, but he'd be a great addition.
As a FA, not many clubs can afford him, and quite a few don't actually need him. If he leaves the Saints, I would imagine Hawks would be his preferred option.

I'm not as confident the Hawks will get Battle as Smith, who is coming, but he'd be a great addition.
As a FA, not many clubs can afford him, and quite a few don't actually need him. If he leaves the Saints, I would imagine Hawks would be his preferred option.
I am not as confident as a lot on here on either. I think we are an attractive destination and have a lot of cap space. I think both will consider us, but so many factors dictate a players decision.

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if we landed neither, fingers crossed we manage both because we will be a serious side if we do

I wouldn’t overpay for Battle… He’s versatile and dependable but a million buck player he ain’t.. easy to say we have the money but the boys we’ve got running amok at present will need some serious coin in the not too distant future..

Front load like a mofo.

We have had a lot of cap space the last few years and haven't signed any massive contracts, so we should still have plenty of room to move. We go from paying near the salary cap floor to the salary cap limit (and beyond where legal due to our low payments over the last few years).

Give Battle a big salary next two seasons, then a decent step back each year for the next three to four as our young brigade come through into contact years.

Josh Battle is a fine player, very versatile which is always a positive, but somehow I don't think I'll be too upset if we miss out on him. Smith is the player I want.

System is most important in the back half, pure talent in the front half. I'd rather Sam Frost than Matthew Scarlett if it meant we had a midfield unit who beat the opposition in the I50 count every week.

İf Perryman is offers around 800k + by us and crows then battle wouldn't be a surprise as far as his asking price been around that mark.

Battle into the side means Weddle can be played closer to goal which is bloody exciting.
Or means Weddle can play back while battle goes forward. The awesome thing is the flexibility this team is building, Hardwick forward, Amon back, Moore in the middle Chol in the ruck Weddle anywhere, Sic forward.

We are exciting to watch because we are well drilled in our system that they are all learning together and from different perspectives so they can play multiple roles that makes us unpredictable from a personnel pov.

Why would Lewis agree to a trade to the Dogs?
He wouldn’t.
People are saying we are now an attractive proposition for free agents, however blokes that have been there through the shit times are gonna want to jump ship as we are coming good🤦‍♂️😂

Confident in Smith coming?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back