Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a terrible deal for the Suns, when you got North offering their future 1st for pick 13 and you instead take the pies because you don't wanna upset them in the Noble talks

You might aswell shut shop
If north were genuinely offering their F1 for pick 13, then we were stupid to take the deal we did for 14.

May, Aliir, Sicily and Wilkie as well. He’s been good but he’s never had a year where he’s been in the top 3-4 key defenders.

Of those guys (including the ones you listed) only Aliir hasn’t been consistently ahead of him.

His value to us mainly comes from him being a key defender. Not as a superstar of the comp that the eagles will lead you to believe he is.

Yeah I knew I missed a few others. IMO he's in the tier below the likes of Andrews, McGovern, Taylor, Wilkie and Weitering. Still A grader, but not an A+ grader.

Pies get: Houston
Pies give: F1 & Noble

Port gets: 13, 29, Luko, Atkins
Port gives: Houston, F1

Suns get: F1, F1, Noble
Give: 13, 29, Luko, Atkins

That's the rumoured deal.
That makes more sense.

This bit:
Port gets: 13, 29, Luko, Atkins
Port gives: Houston, F1

Would mean that Houston is worth 29 + 2 fringe players and the first rounders are just to balance it out.

Trade period needs to either be more transparent or shorter. We’re a week deep and the biggest player trade so far was Alex Neal-Bullen.

Delaying trades for drama is ridiculous and unfair on the players.

He bullied our defence because our midfield folded like a deck of cards,
Barass will be a nice get, but in my opinion our midfield is lacking one more genuine gun.....2 just doesn't cut it with the rest of our competition that are in the zone.
Badly need Butters and Harley! Seriously, our blue collar mids stack up well against the opposition. We seem to handle the AA heavyweights fairly well, apart from Dangerfield on the rampage. With more CBA's for Mackenzie, Ward and even cameos from the Wizard we should be able to keep our stars a bit fresher.

Trade period needs to either be more transparent or shorter. We’re a week deep and the biggest player trade so far was Alex Neal-Bullen.

It makes money and keeps the brand at the forefront of the public. They don't care as much about the players

And the quality of the 'drama' is highly debatable. I reckon a short sharp burst of trades would be much more fun than what we've had so far. All the commentators have nothing to talk about.

Bored Rebecca Wisocky GIF by CBS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He bullied our defence because our midfield folded like a deck of cards,
Barass will be a nice get, but in my opinion our midfield is lacking one more genuine gun.....2 just doesn't cut it with the rest of our competition that are in the zone.

To be fair Day is that genuine gun. I'm also optimistic about Mackenzie with additional endurance and strength training. Both missing against Port which contributed to their midfield dominance.

I do think we should look to target another one but not this offseason.

I like Blancky - I am excited by his potential and I hope to hell he comes back from injury and becomes an amazing success story. But the Barrass anti/ambivalent folk need to stop invoking him as though he's a lock to become an AFL level fullback. It is very far from a sure bet.

Collingwood the only bandits there. Pick 13 for Houston essentially.
Future first, this year's second rounder, their current half back and a depth player for a 28 year old half back (which is not a desperate need for them), is definitely not making out like bandits.

They've basically traded completely out of the last two drafts for two players who will not turn the needle for them.

They are on borrowed time as it is.

I like Blancky - I am excited by his potential and I hope to hell he comes back from injury and becomes an amazing success story. But the Barrass anti/ambivalent folk need to stop invoking him as though he's a lock to become an AFL level fullback. It is very far from a sure bet.
Agreed. James has the ability to be an AFL quality full back. He is still young and has already played 20 plus games. There's easily a world where he stays on our list and takes over from Tom in a few years. At the very least he plays when Tom misses the odd game or two which he seems to most years.

But Blanck does not move the needle next year. Barrass does. I don't know if people have woken up to it yet but it's a wide open race next year and we're in it up to our eye balls.

Last edited:
Anyone else concerned we have very few picks in a really deep draft?

Not really. We got two first rounders and Dear last year, and have a plethora of young talented players. It’s about filling holes now.

Once Barrass is done we can trade back in if we want too. We’ll have two years of picks to use next year, so we can afford to send our f1 if we want to chase a player on draft night.

This has been the clubs plan since Mitchell took over, they have very clearly and publicly stated the plan for over two years. Stack up on young talent as the core then recruit for specific needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back