Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon it's the wrong time to get Barass - it's a year or two out of being a perfect match. (if he was 2 years younger, or we were another year into the rebuild.)

Battle is a really good fit for age and quality and structure. If that doesn't come to fruition then we really just need to find a backline equivalent of Chol.

If we add that backline piece then I would like to see Weddle in the forward line taking Gunston's role. Weddle/Chol/Dear as the tall forwards would be great.

Hawks offer 2 R2's

Eagles want R1 and R2.

Assuming Hawks play finals, I am happy if we end up with
Eagles - Hawks R1
Hawks - Barrass & Eagles R2 or F2
Yeah West Coast aren’t even close to giving up that for just Hawthorns first

Nor should they, if Hawthorn do a medical on Barrass and think the back will be fine then what you are asking is the equivalent of Hawthorn sending Sicily with two seconds to the Dogs for pick 11 and there is no way Hawthorn or their fans would entertain that

Last edited:

People suggesting Barrass for anything other than are first round pick are kidding themselves, it’ll be at MINIMUM our first with nothing coming back.
Where to people get such confidence on what a players trade price will be?
From what I've seen the final draft pick price of players is so wildly inconsistent that it's hard to be confident of anything.

30 years old, injury riddled, missing piece. Stacks up pretty similarly

Difference with Lake is we got him on the cheap by comparison
1722042509086.jpeg
2020 was the Covid year so his 18 games means he played every single game in the season. Given he only missed significant games last year after his season was ended after being tunnelled by Jack Reiwoldt I’m not sure if “injury riddled” is a fair comment.

Yeah West Coast aren’t even close to giving up that for just Hawthorns first

Nor should they, if Hawthorn do a medical on Barrass and think the back will be fine then what you are asking is the equivalent of Hawthorn sending Sicily with two seconds to the Dogs for pick 11 and there is no way Hawthorn or their fans would entertain that
Future first and and pick in the 20s is more in the ballpark. Pies 2nd rounder from last year. Wouldn't be against our first this year either particularly if we finish in the 8. Could end up being pick 10 or something. Pick 10 and Pies 2nd for Barrass is reasonable for a 29 year old. No way we would handover a first this year and a future 1st which is what they would ask in return. We are very good at picking the eyes out of later picks in the draft and that's the direction we are going now IMO.

Well, they DO have the option of keeping him for a lot more than they are currently paying him. And there's no reason to be laughing at two seconds.
It comes down to where those 2nd rounders are. If they are at the back end, they are just junk 2nd round picks. If you want to bring quality in, you have to give up something.

I think he's probably worth a mid first round pick plus some negotiating over steak knives. Only because he's going to be 29. In terms of ability he's worth more than that.

Future first and and pick in the 20s is more in the ballpark. Pies 2nd rounder from last year. Wouldn't be against our first this year either particularly if we finish in the 8. Could end up being pick 10 or something. Pick 10 and Pies 2nd for Barrass is reasonable for a 29 year old. No way we would handover a first this year and a future 1st which is what they would ask in return. We are very good at picking the eyes out of later picks in the draft and that's the direction we are going now IMO.
Agree that two firsts will need to be sweetened the other way but it will be their initial asking price would think

People suggesting Barrass for anything other than are first round pick are kidding themselves, it’ll be at MINIMUM our first with nothing coming back.
then I suppose we win the flag or make the GF at bare minimum.

Madness to give up pick around 10 for a 29yr old guy with max 2-3 good years. Same people here laughed when Tom mitchell trade price was being discussed.

Will never understand why many Hawks fan being are so generous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where to people get such confidence on what a players trade price will be?
From what I've seen the final draft pick price of players is so wildly inconsistent that it's hard to be confident of anything.

Reasonable posters tend to get it right. Those who were pitching Kosi for a second rounder last year just skim read.

If Nash were to go as a FA, the types coming up to replace him aren't exactly like for like. I'm thinking mainly Ward and Mackenzie.

If the club needs another tall, agile, defensive type to add to the stoppage mix, I like Alex Davies. GCs midfield is stacked. He's out of contract and GC are only offering him 2 years. I think there's a player there.

People are probably kidding themselves if they think our re-build is complete.

Just because we can see light at the end of the tunnel, doesn't mean we should sprint towards the finish line; there's kilometres still to run.
I prefer to see us back our form up next season before throwing 1st round picks at 29 year old.

Lake joined at team that was proven on the last day of September. This team have many questions still to be answered before topping up at high prices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back