Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping the first half will be enough to carry em through. But the Lions are soft as.

Lions are soft, Blues are soft, Port are soft. Why do we have so many mentally soft teams at this elite level? And they are playing finals! Something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Oh, O.K.....this isn't a dis, but Carlton's only objective tonight was to have Doc(?) kick a goal in a final. It all makes sense now.

Hawks have everything to gain and nothing to lose in 2024. Every final is experience towards a massive tilt in 2025 with B1 and B2. (et al ?) A ticket to the Big Dance would be a dream come true but the road to a dynasty may need to involve heartache and I'd rather it's this year. We're writing the cheques this month. We'll cash them when the time is right*

* This is my Get Out Of Crankiness Free Card should I need one the next few weeks.

Lions are soft, Blues are soft, Port are soft. Why do we have so many mentally soft teams at this elite level? And they are playing finals! Something rotten in the state of Denmark.
🤷‍♂️ Maybe it's so mentally tough teams like us can continue to entertain and enthrall all.

I can see why we were into Lohman- kid loves to showboat.

Carlton should force their players, but more importantly their fitness staff to watch this game back with match sticks keeping their eyelids open on repeat all off season.
They need a serious rocket and they seriously need to improve their bottom end.

Hawks have everything to gain and nothing to lose in 2024. Every final is experience towards a massive tilt in 2025 with B1 and B2. (et al ?) A ticket to the Big Dance would be a dream come true but the road to a dynasty may need to involve heartache and I'd rather it's this year. We're writing the cheques this month. We'll cash them when the time is right*

* This is my Get Out Of Crankiness Free Card should I need one the next few weeks.
No, despite us being there earlier than expected and starting the year slow. We've been the best side in the competition for many months now.

It's bloody hard to make finals and win them so there is no certainty we are back here next year even with recruits and expected improvement.

Need to win the flag this year. We're a better side than Port and Brisbane, we can beat Geelong and Sydney if we get things right. And GWS we know we can beat and should have 2 wins on them already.

Get the cup, bring in the big guns, move to Dingley then go undefeated for the next 5 years too.

Only Melbourne side left in it
Only chance of a decent GF is Hawks v Geelong or a rerun of Swans v GWS. I have no faith in Brisbane if they make it, and the Victorian sides historically just play MCG finals so much better.

No, despite us being there earlier than expected and starting the year slow. We've been the best side in the competition for many months now.

It's bloody hard to make finals and win them so there is no certainty we are back here next year even with recruits and expected improvement.

Need to win the flag this year. We're a better side than Port and Brisbane, we can beat Geelong and Sydney if we get things right. And GWS we know we can beat and should have 2 wins on them already.

Get the cup, bring in the big guns, move to Dingley then go undefeated for the next 5 years too.
That's actually not a bad idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong nicely ‘under the radar’ but look very steely. Should be favourites.
Are they though? They’re favourites in many people’s eyes now- especially the gf being at the G. Port Adelaide genuinely choked, the Cats looked like millionaires and now the pressure is squarely on them in the prelim. The Cats are mortal this season as we’ve seen, GWS or Brisbane are more than capable of knocking them off.

Gary Rohan fractured skull. Ouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back