Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there's a pile on at all, just people highlighting that things are never solid and can change, which is basically what you're saying as well. Think you're being a bit precious.

Not being precious - just sick of the 'I am going to question your validity because I don't like what you are posting/you got it wrong X years ago so why trust you now' style of posts. Can't we just enjoy the updates and be grateful for those who post it?

At the moment, it hasn’t been reported that Battle has signed with St.Kilda. It has only been mentioned on here that he will most likely sign with them. It is just based on information that person has received, it doesn’t make it fact, it makes it speculation. If Battle does sign with St.Kilda in the next week or so, so be it, we move onto the next target, and the information was correct. If he doesn’t re-sign and at the end of the year says make me a Hawk Tauh, then we will know that he has been watching too many Tim Tok videos and the information received was either incorrect or the player had a change of mind. Shooting the messenger for sharing information is rather infantile. I appreciate the information that gets posted, as it allows me to understand who or what kind of player we are looking for. All I do know is that by 2029 we will have at least another 1 premiership cup in the trophy cabinet, regardless of who we get and don’t get.

I know for a fact that Sam was in Sydney today meeting a player. Not sure who, but my Aunty who used to work for the club, ran into him and chatted for a while. Wouldn’t divulge who the player was though. Just said doing some recruiting.
Please please let this be the reason

If Smith and Battle can’t see what is brewing at Hawthorn they can’t be that smart …… we only want to bring in intelligent types into the club 😂
added to which - if Baz is such a big hawks diehard, but chooses the Cats.. well.. excommunicado! He shall wear the "he who shall not be named" crown.

Then Izzy can have his name back 😉

added to which - if Baz is such a big hawks diehard, but chooses the Cats.. well.. excommunicado! He shall wear the "he who shall not be named" crown.

Then Izzy can have his name back 😉

John Wick vs Voldemort? Let’s face it, Izzy earned the Voldemort moniker when he played for Geelong in the 2016 semi final, just confirmed it a couple of years later. If Baz joins Geelong, it doesn’t matter how many pencils he brings to the fight, he could never be John Wick, just another goon that gets brought down!

I'd say Perryman.
I like Perryman. He's very versatile, solid skills, I see him as the same sort of player as Hazza Mozza but just more solid in every way. If we're looking for someone who can play off half back, rotate in the midfield and spend time on the wing he may be the best available option. You can never really have too many Perryman types on your list.

100% I was told Cogs was coming at the time, from a guy that had links to our board. I'd back this guy in any time.

But that's a great example of "solid mail" going wrong. It's never done until Cleary or Cal announce it on X tbh.
That Cogs saga really created a lot of trust issues! ****ing Gil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was a player manager I’d probably be strategically feeding info (not necessarily “lies”) to various parties to create the illusion that my client hasn’t made their mind up or otherwise has doubts with the intention of shaking out better offers across the board.

I’d be especially likely to do that if the clients preferred club was known to have a record amount of cap space to spend.

Battle is feeling guilt towards his loyalty to Saints? I’ll believe that when he re-signs.

Baz is looking at property in the Geelong area? Means nothing until he actually buys.

If I was a player manager I’d probably be strategically feeding info (not necessarily “lies”) to various parties to create the illusion that my client hasn’t made their mind up or otherwise has doubts with the intention of shaking out better offers across the board.

I’d be especially likely to do that if the clients preferred club was known to have a record amount of cap space to spend.

Battle is feeling guilt towards his loyalty to Saints? I’ll believe that when he re-signs.

Baz is looking at property in the Geelong area? Means nothing until he actually buys.
To be fair it’s a good investment

Stengle more likely to head to bombers I would think.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Hi, first time poster.
First post!
Would we prefer Battle or Perryman if we were going after one or the other?
I know we were after Battle but haven't heard much about Perryman.
Welcome, I would prefer to land Battle as he fits a need in our back half and can play on both talls and smalls where as Perryman would be competing with a number of our established flankers and is therefore less important to our needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back