Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 15 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mckercher not getting a game has thrown me a bit. Need someone under his price that’ll give me a similar output or should I just go a rookie and bank all the cash? Simpkin looks like the only one and I’m not sure I want to go there
I'm in the same boat. Currently have Simpkin in instead, but not sure I love it either- Kerch looked much more palatable. Hopefully he can just get a couple of good scores, boost his value, and can upgrade him later

Yeah did hear that. Anyone got any stats on his scores playing solo ruck?

Would be keener if he had a low BE because there’s a good chance it’s only a one or two week thing and that’s probably as long as I’d keep him
It's hard to tell as some games he was a tandem with Stanley, but he's got a lot of hitouts which helps his score. He was possibly playing the MID/RUC role he usually does.

When he's had to solo ruck he has tonned up, becuase he gets 20 touches and 20 hitouts.

Last edited:
Mckercher not getting a game has thrown me a bit. Need someone under his price that’ll give me a similar output or should I just go a rookie and bank all the cash? Simpkin looks like the only one and I’m not sure I want to go there
It's an extra 90k but I've gone Lachie Ash on his return, he's a roaming half back and probably the best available of the cheap ones.

Trent Rivers could be an option as he may get some midfield time.

Last edited:

I’ve dished it out to Simpkin all year in our draft league I’m not gonna get sucked in this week. Hopefully Mckercher comes back next week, rather not have 10 roos to watch

Same dilemma, couldn't find a another suitable under Kerch's price. Would have preferred to keep Freijah for another week after his bye and use Garcia as the 3rd trade, but I think Tholstrup is the better rookie, so double dilemma for me $$ wise

I’ve dished it out to Simpkin all year in our draft league I’m not gonna get sucked in this week. Hopefully Mckercher comes back next week, rather not have 10 roos to watch
Same. Ironic really, Simpkin in my first draft right up until the head knock. Was anyone else keen to begin too?

Last edited:
Traders last night flagged Blicavs as he's playing solo ruck apparently.
Would be a risky move.
I had a look at his last few years. Seems to score around 80-90 with the odd 130 (which was against Crows and that's because ROB is a terrible ruck). There wasn't much data to go on though. When he is the main ruck, SDK plays second ruck and Hawkins helps out as well.

I'm in the same boat. Currently have Simpkin in instead, but not sure I love it either- Kerch looked much more palatable. Hopefully he can just get a couple of good scores, boost his value, and can upgrade him later
The only players around that price I was looking at was Simpkin or Pickett, but not sure how stable Pickett's midfield role will be as there are plenty of B-graders that they can roll through there. Simpkin at least has a midfield role with stints up forward. Simpkin's main issue is that hammy. I was planning on McKercher all week as well, but may now have to pivot to Simpkin. Not the best option, but for me, it's either Salem/Caldwell or Sheezel/Simpkin or Walsh/Uwland.

Travis Boak is now out, that leaves me with 16 players this week 😂🤦‍♂️

I think I relearn this lesson every year that when you sit down and forecast your available bye players you should always take 1 or 2 off whatever you think you'll have in the latter bye rounds.
If you pre-plan to have 16-17 and think you'll get +3 from trades it ends up in disaster.

Injuries or players getting dropped just end up throwing up absolute chaos.

I somewhat planned it better this year going in somewhat thin from bye 1, sacrificed last week a bit to have extra depth this week (and still only ended up with 19 to my name!?).

My total players across the byes have been:
20 / 22 / 18 / 19.
Total 79 (average 19.75).

I'll take it considering I've carried 4x dead rooks through it all (Barnett/Mannagh/Reid/Curtin) and an extra usesless one in Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuck between these two trade options

1- freijah/McAuliffe to Zerrett/Brown +16k and 22 on field
Or
2- Tom Green/Jhye to Zerrett/Simpkin +1k and 20 on field

First trade is Campbell to Evans via DPP. Both leave just one rook on field next week (freijah/dowling/harrison most likely culprits).

Can we punt Tom and take the leap of faith on Simpkin given the output of the fwd line this year?

I think I relearn this lesson every year that when you sit down and forecast your available bye players you should always take 1 or 2 off whatever you think you'll have in the latter bye rounds.
If you pre-plan to have 16-17 and think you'll get +3 from trades it ends up in disaster.

Injuries or players getting dropped just end up throwing up absolute chaos.

I somewhat planned it better this year going in somewhat thin from bye 1, sacrificed last week a bit to have extra depth this week (and still only ended up with 19 to my name!?).

My total players across the byes have been:
20 / 22 / 18 / 19.
Total 79 (average 19.75).

I'll take it considering I've carried 4x dead rooks through it all (Barnett/Mannagh/Reid/Curtin) and an extra usesless one in Clark.
The big catch is after the Rnd 12 Bye, we start using 13,14 and 15 players as trades and that diminishes what you first thought you had. Had 23 / 22 / 20 / 21 (no red dots) - but it took some effort. Has not helped my rank though so next year will do it a bit different.

Stuck between these two trade options

1- freijah/McAuliffe to Zerrett/Brown +16k and 22 on field
Or
2- Tom Green/Jhye to Zerrett/Simpkin +1k and 20 on field

First trade is Campbell to Evans via DPP. Both leave just one rook on field next week (freijah/dowling/harrison most likely culprits).

Can we punt Tom and take the leap of faith on Simpkin given the output of the fwd line this year?
You can, it's more speculative though. I like Option 1 much more

It's hard to tell as some games he was a tandem with Stanley, but he's got a lot of hitouts which helps his score. He was possibly playing the MID/RUC role he usually does.

When he's had to solo ruck he has tonned up, becuase he gets 20 touches and 20 hitouts.
Sam DeKoning playing ruck, not Blicavs

Thoughts on either of these, team?

Out: Macrae, TPowell, Sharp
In: Caldwell, Simpkin, Rozee

Or

Out: Macrae, TPowell, Sullivan
In: Zorko, Caldwell, Brain

Either leaves me with enough cash to bring in Zorko (trade 1) or Bont (trade 2) next week.

View attachment 2025046

Salem.....

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back