• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 18 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't even know why we are discussing him tbh he won't fall to 21 or so when our first pick is on the board and I don't see us trading anyone to get significantly up the board.

The Chad Warner potential trade would give us access that’s why

Time for the club to show a bit of mongrel.

Trade Warner out now for 3 and 13

He clearly doesn’t want to be here , all it’s going to do is rip us off at the trade table next year and be a massive distraction all year….a distraction that neither Chad or the club are resilient enough to put to the side.

I guarantee it will not be a good year next year if we don’t trade Chad now

We're playing hypotheticals with the Warner magic beans

3-13-17-19 - Lalor, Travaglia, Tauru, Shanahan
3. Lalor or Smillie
13. Armstrong or Shanahan
17. Hynes
19. Harry Oliver if we think he can be the next Cunningham, otherwise Shanahan (if available) or Matt Whitlock, Harry O'Farrell, whichever we think makes the best KPD

I know I'm going a little early with some, but our picks will move out by a couple due to Academy and F/S, and I'm a needs man.

We are in the window and can afford Warner for next year. No way should we trade him now, even if it means worse return next year. Win now!!! He’s too 10 player in the comp and who knows could change his mind. Zero % we should trade him.
Win now? Like the weekend where he showed up late again?

It's going to be so hard having a decent debate on this board for so long. We could be undefeated next year with all players dominating and the default response will be "but they will choke on GF day". We may as well trade out all 23 players and build our team around Will Brodie, Sam Frost, and Tim Kelly.

It's going to be so hard having a decent debate on this board for so long. We could be undefeated next year with all players dominating and the default response will be "but they will choke on GF day". We may as well trade out all 23 players and build our team around Will Brodie, Sam Frost, and Tim Kelly.
Of course that's going to be the default response, because that's the exact truth and until we come out and actually PLAY and compete in a grand final, it will always be the case.
We are currently the competitions biggest chokers and unless there are wholesale changes of some sort, that will be the ongoing view of our club.

OK, I've been doing a lot of thought here and have come up with the following scenario for a mega trade.

Richmond will need grunt and class and we need to make the most of this draft, so we trade both Gulden and Cleary for pick 1.

Norf want Parker, but they feel aggrieved about missing out on McDonald so now is the time for them to save face. We give them both Parker and McDonald for a top 5 pick. If they want us to take back Dyl Stevens then we will ask for pick 2 in return.

West Coast want Chad and they have pick 3. We ask for 13 as well.

Adelaide is next to the trade table. What they would give for a forward who kicks 9 goals? I say we bundle Amartey and Hayward for pick 4.

Adelaide is done, so who's next? Melbourne. Hmmm. They have had midfield retirements and now have a gaping hole in the middle. Enter Heeney who has a troublesome ankle and is closer to the end than the beginning of his career. We strike now while the Brownlow iron is hot and move him for the same pick as the number on his back.

Gold Coast need picks this year for their academy, so we give them 13 (see WCE) and 19 for their 6.

St Kilda. They are idiots. We give them McLean, Cunningham and Dyl Stevens for pick 7. We could have asked for a better pick but we wanted to include Stevens.

Essendon. Dodoro is no longer there so we can now get a trade done. Although they have been chasing Parker for a decade that's just tough (snoozed/loozed, etc) and they can talk to Norf. In the meantime, they need scoring power so Papley for 8 gets it done.

Fremantle need pace. Warner Jnr would be a good fit as well as Campbell for pick 9. Job done.

Finally, Collingwood. They need defenders. We have Snell and Francis waiting there so we can afford to let go of both Melican and TMac for pick 10 and a future first.

This will leave us with picks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 17 and 55 in what is supposed to be a very good draft year., and our starting lineup in 2025 will be:
Roberts, Edwards, Rampe
Mills, Francis, Blakey
Lloyd, Rowbottom, McInerney
Florent, Buller, Jordon
Hanily, Ladhams, Wicks

Grundy, Adams, Sheldrick
Int. Fox, Snell, Hamling, Mitchell Emerg. Magor

Thereby ensuring a number of future top 5 picks coming our way for the forseeable future.

This is easy if you are bored at work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It hurts but we have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
The only "baby" that's really being talked about is Warner, and the only reason is, he's out of contract next year, where we run the risk of West Coast dogwalking us to the edge of the PSD and we end up accepting far less than what we could get now.

You are down to the Bronze backing you in

I keep unwatching , it's imbecile month

This is my favourite game on Bigfooty 😉
People are going into meltdown about Parker leaving. Some people are even giving up on supporting this club because of it.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm a bit upset about how the whole situation has unfolded and pissed that he should have played #300 in our colours but that OTT.

I really couldn’t care if they split up. Clearly being “together” & all “caring for one another” takes the edge off being tough at the contest.

It’s time to try a different recipe. This young group have drunk too much lolly water provided by the Club & they haven’t been given enough lemons to get the arrogant smirks off their faces after playing 1 quarter games to come from behind & win. That’s their problem. They haven’t been told some home truths after bad games. Not like the Maxfield driven Bloods told each other. Roos is 100% correct.
Split the group, send some messages.

Stats prove he is the best KPD, McCartin intercepts the ball way more than Melican and has much better marking ability
Couldn't give a toss about the stats. My eyes tell me he's been poor. Melican looks more competent in a given defensive circumstance. He moves better and doesn't get caught in disadvantaged positions as much as tmac.

OK, I've been doing a lot of thought here and have come up with the following scenario for a mega trade.

Richmond will need grunt and class and we need to make the most of this draft, so we trade both Gulden and Cleary for pick 1.

Norf want Parker, but they feel aggrieved about missing out on McDonald so now is the time for them to save face. We give them both Parker and McDonald for a top 5 pick. If they want us to take back Dyl Stevens then we will ask for pick 2 in return.

West Coast want Chad and they have pick 3. We ask for 13 as well.

Adelaide is next to the trade table. What they would give for a forward who kicks 9 goals? I say we bundle Amartey and Hayward for pick 4.

Adelaide is done, so who's next? Melbourne. Hmmm. They have had midfield retirements and now have a gaping hole in the middle. Enter Heeney who has a troublesome ankle and is closer to the end than the beginning of his career. We strike now while the Brownlow iron is hot and move him for the same pick as the number on his back.

Gold Coast need picks this year for their academy, so we give them 13 (see WCE) and 19 for their 6.

St Kilda. They are idiots. We give them McLean, Cunningham and Dyl Stevens for pick 7. We could have asked for a better pick but we wanted to include Stevens.

Essendon. Dodoro is no longer there so we can now get a trade done. Although they have been chasing Parker for a decade that's just tough (snoozed/loozed, etc) and they can talk to Norf. In the meantime, they need scoring power so Papley for 8 gets it done.

Fremantle need pace. Warner Jnr would be a good fit as well as Campbell for pick 9. Job done.

Finally, Collingwood. They need defenders. We have Snell and Francis waiting there so we can afford to let go of both Melican and TMac for pick 10 and a future first.

This will leave us with picks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 17 and 55 in what is supposed to be a very good draft year., and our starting lineup in 2025 will be:
Roberts, Edwards, Rampe
Mills, Francis, Blakey
Lloyd, Rowbottom, McInerney
Florent, Buller, Jordon
Hanily, Ladhams, Wicks

Grundy, Adams, Sheldrick
Int. Fox, Snell, Hamling, Mitchell Emerg. Magor

Thereby ensuring a number of future top 5 picks coming our way for the forseeable future.

This is easy if you are bored at work.
you ever work for GWS ?

Couldn't give a toss about the stats. My eyes tell me he's been poor. Melican looks more competent in a given defensive circumstance. He moves better and doesn't get caught in disadvantaged positions as much as tmac.

McCartin really looked half going at contests ever since his injury maybe getting a break in the off season was what he needs but a very poor last 6 weeks

Your eyes also told you that Wicks was the saviour to the forward line, he looks likely to be not on an AFL list after his contract finishes. I trust stats over your eye

Jack Martin to Geelong

Your eyes also told you that Wicks was the saviour to the forward line, he looks likely to be not on an AFL list after his contract finishes. I trust stats over your eye
Nah my eyes saw the whole team playing shit at that time, not just Wicks. Hence my defence of Wicks when everyone chose to single him out.

Nah my eyes saw the whole team playing shit at that time, not just Wicks. Hence my defence of Wicks when everyone chose to single him out.
Parker scored more goals in 1 quarter than wicks did for 11 weeks. He also laid more tackles in 1.5 quarters than Wicks did in a month

So we are now moving our best KPD up forward? Why?
Because we have to make room for either Edwards and or Snell to develop and prepare for the retirement or injury of Rampe. We also need to develop more flexibility in the side and keep opponents guessing as a general strategy because we are totally predictable and when our normal tall forwards are not performing we need another option.

Besides McCartin started with us as a forward and wasn't bad at all. He would be a lot better at it now.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back